When should i start retargeting ads

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey guys! I just got my first sale on Shopify after about 120ish store visits. And I’m wondering...  when should I start retargeting ads? I can’t find an answer anywhere I just started about a week ago. 

My shop

https://Savitor.shop

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 3 61

Hi, Joshua. 

Lisa here from the Shopify Social Care Team.

Congratulations on your first sale! If you're using Google ads, for retargeting the minimum is 100 people for importing a customer list of visitors. A remarketing list is a collection of website visitors or app users gathered by snippets of code added to your site. Here's more information about how the remarketing list works for Google Ads.

As for Facebook, generally, your audience needs to be larger than 1000 to target to. For your Facebook page, you would need to have over 100 likes on it before you can run any look-a-like audiences. A Look-a-like audience is a form of remarketing where it takes the preferences of the people who visit your site and finds more people with similar preferences. This is a powerful way to take a small number of visitors data and reach a greater number of potential customers. Shopify has a free app called Kit which utilizes your remarketing efforts on Facebook and automates a lot of the day to day tasks for you. Check out Kit here. This app will also use the customer visitor data to post relevant ads on Facebook to those that have visited your site. 

If you'd like to know more about Google remarketing and your Shopify account, check out this help document here. 

Best of luck with your new store! 

- Lisa

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes