Where are my visitors from?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Hello, I'm setting up my store and starting advertising abroad. I'm located in Japan but my target is fully overseas and the website is in English.

Now, as I will be targeting Europe, the US, Canada and some Asian countries, knowing where my visitors are from is crucial in order to better target future ads. It's supposed to be called "Geoloc******", but if I use that word I'll be inundated with developers offering their services (if you're a developer and you read this, please give an answer that shows me I need your help, don't only copy and paste some "I can help you, email me"). Besides, searching with that word only shows results related to APIs that can change the language and suggestions shown depending on where the visitor is from. I don't need that, so maybe that's the wrong word.

My question is: does Shopify really not offer a way to see what countries my visitors are from? I would just love for my report to tell me I had 10 visitors from Canada and 20 from France. I found some Indian websites that seem to suggest I need to "insert a code", but I wouldn't even know where.

Side note: I migrated from Wix, which offers that automatically, that's why I'm really lost here. I gave it for granted.

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
26 2 4

This is an accepted solution.

Dear @juslearnen,

Have you tried integrated Google Analytics into your store? It would help you identify where your customers came from and also provide other useful information for your campaign.

You can take a look at the official tutorial here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/reports-and-analytics/google-analytics/google-analytics-setup

◦ ✔️ Problem Solved? Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ ❤️ Contact us at shopify@bsscommerce.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, All!

I am looking for a report that would show all visitors to our store.  Is there such a thing?  We want to have a contest that would make only visitors to our store eligible, but can't figure out how to see who has visited.

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

In general, having the identity of a visitor is something only authorities and individuals with high expertise can do, and the former do that when a crime is perpetrated - the latter usually have illegal intentions. You could easily get to the IP and the MAC, but name and email address are beyond legal.

Have you considered setting up a form, so that those who want to participate to the contest can willingly enter their info?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thank you for responding! I didn’t know a form was possible, but will definitely look into it! Thanks again!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Wonderful software. I was kinda worried I wouldn't be able to understand it, but the Academy is a brilliant solution. Thanks for putting me on the right track!

Just for the sake of it, I also noticed today that the Shopify native report under Analytics does have an "Online store sessions by location". I didn't notice it because it doesn't have a map, but it's there. (Also, the information on it is very different from what GA shows, but I'll keep that question for another time).

Thanks again

0 Likes