Where can I learn to create an app?

Highlighted
7 0 0

I want to learn to create an app from video or elsewhere that is easy to understand.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
169 17 32

Hi, @joenathanx!

Julie, here from Shopify Support.

It’s great to hear that you’re interested in learning to build Shopify apps. Do you have any experience in development? Regardless as to where you're at with your coding skills, we have a wide range of resources to help guide you along.

Before you get started, you’ll want to make sure you have signed up to become a Shopify Partner if you haven’t done so already. As a Shopify Partner, you’ll be able to earn revenue by creating development stores for clients, building custom apps and themes, and by referring clients to Shopify. You can sign up here

Once you’re a Partner, you’ll have access to the Shopify Development Fundamentals course, a 45-minute self-study course where you’ll learn about the available APIs, SDKs, tools, and resources available to build Shopify apps. We also have a Getting Started Guide in our Developer Resources you can check out, which goes over the types of apps you can create for Shopify and walks you through how to make API calls. 

If you prefer video learning, our Shopify Partners YouTube channel has a video tutorial on How to Build Your First Shopify App I think you’ll find useful. This video will teach you how to conduct market research for your app concept, build the app using the Embedded App SDK, test your app, publish your app in the Shopify App Store, and also covers how you can monetize it. 

As you continue learning all about Shopify app development, I recommend checking out our blog posts, How to Build a Shopify App in One Week and How to Be Successful on the New Shopify App Store, both of which offer really helpful advice on how to successfully build, market, and sell your app. 

For more resources on app development, feel free to check out the Shopify App Development blogs. Building an app isn’t easy, but luckily we have a great community of Shopify Partners who are always there to offer guidance; if you ever need assistance or have any questions along the way, our Shopify APIs and SDKs Community Forums are a great place to seek advice from other Shopify Partners skilled in app development. 

I’d love to hear more about your app idea. What kind of app are you wanting to build? Are you hoping to list it in the Shopify App Store?

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like