Where do my newsletter subscriptions go??

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am using the Showcase theme for my Shopify theme which comes with a Newsletter signup option. When I type my email into the form field, it acknowledges that I have been signed up but I have no idea where that email is being recorded. Does anyone know what the default would be. Secondly, where in the newsletter-signup.liquid code would I change this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
115 0 8

Hi!

When someone signs up for your newsletter, their email address is added to the "accepts marketing" customer list. This can be seen in the Customers section on the left side of your Shopify admin.

Depending what theme you have, setting up the Newsletter Signup to go to a mailing service may be different. More can be read about this right here.

You can add a mail service that customer's emails get added to on line 43 of your newsletter-signup.liquid

You may need your theme developers to advise what exactly needs to go here. You can reach them right here.

Matt

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Matt.

What could be the reason, that the Subscribers are not shown in my backend?
I've got the Responsive Theme and was trying to test, if customers who fill in the Newsletter Form in the Footer, are displayed in the "accepts marketing" Section of my customers.

My Shop isn't online yet - can that be the problem? Or in other words: does it work when I'm going online with my shop?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Cedric

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Cedric

Did you ever work out the issue with the newsletter?

I'm having a similar problem.

Tudor

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

The same problem here. Did anyone find the solution?

0 Likes