Where do things stand on Shopify integration with Amazon Seller store?

Highlighted
7 0 0

We may be needing to help a customer integrate an Amazon Seller account with Shopify in order to be able to pull their orders down for fulfillment by us as soon as possible. We already have good Shopify integration software so if the Amazon-to-Shopify integration could be created quickly we could get up and running front-to-back fairly soon. I found this blog post about the process but it's almost three years old now:

https://www.shopify.com/blog/how-to-sell-on-amazon-using-shopify 

Is this information still relevant? I've read some posts in this forum that are more recent and there seem to be a number of complaints about setting this up especially wrt purchasing UPC codes (not sure if this is required if your product already has a UPC code), getting the link between them running, and how many fell back on third-party software companies to get it done and working well. Also, the recent reviews for the Shopify Amazon app (https://apps.shopify.com/amazon ) are pretty dismal and it would appear the app, although, free has not been kept up to date and no longer works correctly.

Is there perhaps a more up-to-date set of documents that can walk us through this process? Is the Amazon app the only way to make this connection/integration or is something like Shipstation the better way to go at this point in time?

Thanks!

-S

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
651 44 141

I think this will depend on what your goal is.

For example, if your goal is to connect Shopify / Amazon to fulfill orders via Amazon, you can use the fulfillment channel connection. Here's the setup I use for that: https://speedboostr.com/automate-order-fulfillment-on-shopify.

If your goal is to import FBM orders from Amazon to Shopify, the app Codisto is good for that.

If your goal is to upload your Shopify products to Amazon, I would do it with spreadsheet templates. (I tried the shopify app but didn't work well for me so instead I prefer to use Amazon spreadsheets to bulk upload to seller central).

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
I also build custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi 

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
651 44 141

Codisto is what I've used for this functionality.

If you don't want to use a 3rd party app, I could build a custom app for you to achieve whatever functionality you want. It would be more up front cost but lower long term cost and full customizability to your store.

If you decide to go that route send me a message and I can work out a quote.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
I also build custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes