Where is my inbox?

Solved
NorthernTravels
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi, I have the Shopify email, but I can not see an inbox? today I got an email from a potential customer asking me a question, but it was forwarded to my Gmail account, So if I reply it will have my personal Gmail account on the email and not my Shopify one. So I went hunting for and inbox and outbox on Shopify email, but all I can find is the preselected templates that I can only send to customers who have subscribed to the email list.

Is there a way I can send an email from my Shopify address in a simple way, a page where I can see my inbox and outbox and create? thanks

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
381 34 88

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @NorthernTravels.

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

From what you described, it sounds like you successfully set-up email forwarding which is a separate free service we provide. Email forwarding is a service that lets you direct an email from your custom domain to an existing email account. If you buy a domain through Shopify, or transfer your domain to Shopify, then you can set up an unlimited number of forwarding email addresses for free.

For example, if your Shopify-managed domain is johns-apparel.com, then you can set up the forwarding email address info@johns-apparel.com

Email hosting isn't provided on Shopify, which means there is no inbox for you to access.  If you want to send an email from your custom domain forwarding address, then you need to use a third-party email hosting service. Some popular options are:

• Zoho Mail provides email accounts for your custom domain

• Google Workspace connects to the Gmail platform with emails for your custom domain

Check out this doc for full instructions on setting this up and integrating with your Shopify account. 

I trust this answers your question, but please connect with me if anything else comes up.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog