Where is the XML file option for exporting from WooCommerce...??

MMCarving
2 0 0

Hello all.

I am following the steps as described on this page to Export my WooCommerce store to Shopify: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/migrating-to-shopify/shopify-import/woocommerce-migration

The very first steps says to click Tools > Export form the WooCommerce admin.  But I don't have those options. 

Does anyone have updated instructions that I can use....??

I really don't want to "complicate" things by going the CSV-route as the XML-route seems the most straightforward.

I wish Shopify would update their instructions as and when WooCommerce changes/updates theirs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. Apologies if I did not post this in the correction forum.

0 Likes
channelup
Shopify Partner
246 11 35

Hi

Have you checked in Wordpress tools option as per screenshot:

exportcontent.jpg

Regards

Tom

Channelup is a product data management solution helping Shopify stores automate their processes.
If you require custom development or would like to test out our features contact me at tom@channelup.io
0 Likes
MMCarving
2 0 0

Appreciate the response Tom.

I took a look at that page but I thought that was not an option as the instructions on Shopify explicitly states that: Only the All content XML file is compatible with the Store Importer app.

And I was afraid that the importer on Shopify might get confused with ALL the various types of content that would end up being in the XML file (mine is a relatively large website but it has a much smaller store).

Thoughts...??

0 Likes
channelup
Shopify Partner
246 11 35

Hi

I would expect some of the content would get ignored that isn't relevant. The use of all content is most likely due to the structure of different things like variations and products and the process will reconfigure it for Shopify database.

I understand your hesitation so my suggestion would be to test it on a demo store first and if you don't find issues can use it on your live store. If you need a demo store set up just send me an email to tom@channelup.io and can organise one and give you access. Or you should be able to spin one up yourself.

Regards

Tom

Channelup is a product data management solution helping Shopify stores automate their processes.
If you require custom development or would like to test out our features contact me at tom@channelup.io
0 Likes