Where is the online shopping experience headed?

Latryce_Jackson
11 0 0

Hello,

I am in the process of launching an online boutique specializing in women's apparel. Right now my company is in prelaunch phase. For the past month, I have been marketing my prelaunch landing page in hopes of obtaining email subscribers and potential customers. I have passed out cards at fashion events and I have been talking to people who fit my target audience about my future store. I have also been posting things on social media too. 

Basically what I am doing isn't working. The only people that have subscribed to my mailing list are family members. 

The online retail space is saturated and I want to know what's the future of online shopping? I need a niche to fill the gap of what my current competition isn't doing. My prelaunch landing sign up page is www.shopoll.com please check it out.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Latryce

0 Likes
Asis2611
1 0 0

Hey,

The ubiquity of internet access has leveled the retail playing field, making it easy for individuals and businesses to sell products without geographic limitations. In 2018, U.S. e-commerce sales grew 15% and represented 14.3% of total retail sales, according to Internet Retailer. The growth of e-commerce has not only changed the way customers shop, but also their expectations of how brands approach customer service, personalize communications, and give customers choices.

Retail e-commerce revenues will grow to $4.88 trillion in 2021, according to Statista. As retailers adjust to this digital sales boom, online marketplaces are changing the way customers shop. Amazon alone accounts for 40% of online retail and 43% of e-commerce gains last year, according to Internet Retailer.

The retail industry has been significantly impacted by the increasing use of mobile devices. Forrester predicts that by 2022, smartphones will account for $175.4 billion in retail sales. With mobile online shopping websites everywhere, no brick and mortar storefront or laptop required. So what does mobile mean for the future of online shopping?

Mobile retail accounts for 45% of online orders, according to Statista, so smart brands are creating a mobile-friendly e-commerce experience. The website and online store should not only be accessible on mobile devices but also optimized with a design or application that makes it easy to browse and buy from a smartphone or tablet.

The mobile e-commerce experience provides customers with customized products, more competitive pricing, and increased accessibility. Analysts and business professionals must consider the user journey across multiple devices (including mobile, desktop, and in-store) and integrate a multi-channel strategy to optimize conversions. For example, if a customer places items in a carton mobile, and then moves to desktop, the information should update in real-time to create a seamless shopping experience across platforms.

0 Likes