Where's the support phone and chat?!

MudandTrack
3 1 2

Hi there, 

Why is it that a bajillion dollar company (that's you Shopify) QUIT phone and chat support WELL AFTER you became a behemoth-giant of a company?   That seems backwards.  Can you please value your clients and install phone and chat support again like you used to when you were a poorer smaller company who valued good customer service?  Can you STOP your accounting department from making sales/marketing decisions? 

I need support like once or twice a year... but when i need it, it NEED it.  I'm not inclined to jump through a labyrinth of support Q's just to find a permanent "chat is not available" option,  no phone number and forced into creating a ticket via email support and wait over a day to begin a support conversation that could have taken literally 30 seconds on the phone to resolve.  It's silly!   

These are tricks Bell Canada played on their website in 2005. . .  and even they know better these days and make it VERY easy to get support. 

PLEASE do better by your clients. 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 40 91

Hi, @MudandTrack.

Thanks so much for reaching out about this; I can definitely understand your frustration here. To clarify, we switched to a callback system earlier this year for our phone support, in order to eliminate extremely long hold times that we found our merchants to be experiencing. You can schedule a callback from our support page, however they may not be available at certain times depending on volume. 

In regards to our chat support, this has not been discontinued. To provide a little context, we had technical issues with our chats earlier today, which was why they were temporarily unavailable, however these are usually available 24/7 via our support page as well. 

Email support is always available there as well, however it may take a bit longer to receive a response, as you mentioned. If your issue is urgent, I'd recommend using the live chat support, or you can also message us on Facebook or on Twitter any time. I hope that's helpful, however feel free to let me know if you have any questions about your support options. Cheers. 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes