Where to begin?

3 0 0

I want to start an online web store/business but there's so much out there on the subject it's hard to know where to begin!

I know what I want to sell, I have a tax resale certificate for wholesale suppliers, I have a domain name in mind but have these questions;

• I need a website but is it better to make my own with templates or pay for something more professional and therefore $$$?
  • How does a merchant account work with my website?
  • From what little I've read seems like Shopify can cover everything I need from web site to merchant account or am I missing something?
  • How do I list the products, will my wholesale supplier supply me with links of product descriptions/pictures to list on Shopify? 

This is just what comes to mind, I need to do a little more serious reading to fully understand what I'm getting into.  I'd like to start small and as I get used to how things work expand into selling on Amazon or Ebay.  Thanks for looking and look forward to your responses.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1079 170 195

Hi there!

• I need a website but is it better to make my own with templates or pay for something more professional and therefore $$$?
    You must certainly do not need to pay for a fully custom website, better to start with a well rounded theme that has plenty of features and customize as your needs grow. 

• How does a merchant account work with my website? From what little I've read seems like Shopify can cover everything I need from web site to merchant account or am I missing something?
    Shopify covers everything from domain, inventory, merchant account, PO, fulfilment, payments, etc...

• How do I list the products, will my wholesale supplier supply me with links of product descriptions/pictures to list on Shopify? 
    Your supplier will most certainly have this information and while time consuming to upload thousands of products there are way to format the data cleanly in order to upload them all at once instead of 1-by-1.

Starting small is the key here, the growth can come later. Should you need any help to setup the store, upload products, configure fulfilment, etc...Please don't hesitate to drop me an email or a DM so we can discuss this further. 

Cheers!

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com
K&J
0 Likes