Where to find emails sent to customer

Tourist
3 0 7

I have just found out that if you are on shopify plus you can ask your account manager to turn of Shopify transactional emails so you can use a decent tool like klaviyo to send all transactional emails. Happy days!

Excursionist
37 0 47

Hi Jerereymould, whilst your suggestion is appreciated I think you are on a different level than most of us, and don't realise that we're not all raking in the dough like you might be. Your suggestion seems a bit tonedeaf to me personally. I am so sorry if that sounds harsh. 

1. most of us are likely not on shopify plus. It's expensive;
  2. klaviyo and alot of its competitors are expensive too. And shopify hates mailchimp now, so I doubt we'd have much success there....;
  3. further, this was never about transactional emails, which I am fairly sure you can turn off on any plan, in favour of an email service or even an app sending transactional emails (correct me if i am wrong). This topic is about those messages you physically send via the order page, like below example. Not transactional emails. It has nothing to do with using your Klaviyo or Omnisend service to send emails, as they are not used for these quickie messages. We're talking about the quick messages you might need to send to your customer to let them know that 'their item is out of stock and would they like to swap to a different design' type of message. When you send these messages via shopify, as like the below example, it is not recorded anywhere, so you cannot prove that you sent it at all, when the customer claims they never got your message, and if they do get it and reply to it, there is nowhere to see the reply. There is literally the option to send a message to the customer via shopify yet nowhere keeping a thread of the conversation. So now the customer thinks we've ignored them and not sent their items because we're hopeless to deal with, but in reality, we've messaged them and have not seen a reply, AND we cannot even prove that we messaged them when they complain, because Shopify don;t keep a thread in their order for it. It's shocking and there are enough comments here to have made shopify get off their butts and do something about this by now.

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 11.45.51 am.png