Which app works for you?

Shopify Partner
10 0 15

Hello, there fellow entrepreneurs :)

I am quite curious to find out which 5 apps are working for you? We have launched our store on Shopify 2 years ago. Still, we can't lift it off the ground. I do two other jobs to support my online business. We did try many apps. Read tons of Shopify blog post of "How easy people are quitting their jobs and make fortunes using those 10 useful apps"

Today not many bloggers out there just shout out useful info for FREE. I believe many of those posts are so-called "a la cart" and sponsored or at least backed up by an affiliate program. Which to a certain point is fine since we read the  subjective opinion of the author. We did try all of those app suggestions which pretend to our business. The only thing we felt is that "We don't do enough......"

So I want to hear first hand from fellow users struggling like us. Which app is doing the magic for you and how?

We believe this thread will be extremely helpful to all of us.

Stan and Bella

13 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
20 0 5

Hey there! :)

This is a great thread you started here and I just want to help get the ball rolling and make some recommendations that I have seen help our merchants really grow and improve their business! 

• Better Coupon Box - This app is amazing, it is probably the most utilized marketing tool out there offering custom coupons that you can design upon each unique open of the landing page.
  • Product Reviews - I always feel more confident making a purchase after hearing feedback from other consumers like myself. Having a section where your customers can add a review is definitely something you would want and will help your customers make the decision to purchase!
  • Social Autopilot - More marketing, less work! Get your tweets out there without having to manually do them all everytime. Marketing is definitely the biggest factor that you want to utilize and this will definitely help :)
  • Rewards and Referrals by Swell - Lastly, I think this app will work wonders. This helps get you those repeat customers and customer referrals! A loyalty program that is fully customizable and can even be designed to award points for sharing or tweeting your products. 

I hope all these will help and definitely going to be watching out for replies to this thread as it has piqued my interest!

Victor M
Customer Success Guru | Shopify
Read our official blog for great e-commerce tips!

4 Likes
Shopify Partner
10 0 15

Thank you Victor,

I appreciate your feedback. I was really hoping to hear from fellow Shopify store owners. Their feedback will be first hand. I am a bit surprised how low of attendance and activity this forum is. I have tried to start the same thread on Shopify Facebook page however it was suggested to move it here because Facebook is not the venue. I have looked at Weebly and BigCommerce and the community there is much more alive.

To comment on a few of the apps you have suggested.

• Product review is great and I do have it installed. It is very hard to pursue customers to leave a review.
  • Swell and Better Coupon Box, as well as many others, are offering a desperate incentive to make a sale however we don't discount our product because we believe in our quality and value. 
Can you suggest some not invasive app solutions to drive more sells?

Cheers,
1 Like
1 0 2

Hi,

That is one really interesting question .

To discover valuable and relevant apps in shopify may differ from store owner to store owner, as various different online store on shopify may belong to entirely different genre of products and services offerings.

To check the relevant app that works for you , you must keep checking the app store of shopify i.e.Ecommerce App Marketplace by Shopify and in the search tab write few key words for what kind of app the user is looking for, chances are there that most likely he will end up finding one in the suggestion.

As per my view few of the most relevant apps on Shopify are which according to me can do wonders are :

Product Auction - Ecommerce Plugins for Online Stores - Shopify App Store : Shopify Product Auction App enables the feature of bid or auction on your ecommerce website.With this the admin can enable the bidding feature on products he want to go for auction, and can monitor all the bids happening on the store from the app itself and much more.

Product Differentiator : Shopify Product Differentiator allows you to choose the right product by comparing the features of same category product, avoiding confusion and getting the best product for all their needs . The app gives a facility to compare products in terms of the features you assign and much more.

Social Commerce - Ecommerce Plugins for Online Stores - Shopify App Store : Shopify Social E-commerce app allows your users to create a social profile of their own, share their thoughts, follow/unfollow others, comment, post, like/unlike products and much more on your online store. As store owner you can choose to enable /disable the feature that you want to show or activate.

Odoo Connector - Ecommerce Plugins for Online Stores - Shopify App Store : Compatible with both Odoo 8 and Odoo 9 with Shopify Odoo Connector app users will be able to synchronize all the products , customers , orders fulfilment , payment and much more from shopify to Odoo.

Shopify Stock Notifier app : A magical app which helps you to manage and restock a store with fresh supplies along with notifying customers when the product is back in stock .

Shopify Product Label : one amazing tool to enhance the visibility of product which has something new to communicate about itself on store.with the help of this app,admin can assign label to the products on various pages.

Visit Shopify - WebKul for many more fantastic apps .

Feel free to raise a ticket for me at webkul.uvdesk.com, in case of any query.

Good Luck.!!

Nitika
WEBKUL

2 Likes
1 0 0

I need to hear direct from kindred clients battling like us. Which application is doing the enchantment for you and how? As per my view few of the most relevant apps on check it out here: Shopping app

0 Likes
38 0 0

Do you think about using Banner Slider apps to impress your customer or Email apps to update new information for old customer? 

Shopify migration extension - http://litextension.com/shopify-migration.html
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
19 0 4

Hi Ameli,

I'm a approaching your post as an app developer rather than store owner. We develop apps that we truly believe are beneficial to merchants. 

Informing customers of anything that they need to know, in order to overcome their mental barriers prior to purchasing, is extremely important for your conversion rate. What's more, it's important not to send them away from your product pages to find this information out.

Customers often want to know:

• Basic returns policy
  • Delivery costs
  • Dispatch/delivery schedule (when will you send their order, when will they get it).

We have developed an app that solves the dispatch/delivery schedule for you.

Order Deadline: https://apps.shopify.com/order-deadline calculates dispatch times and delivery times too, and displays a stylish countdown timer on your product pages, just like how Amazon do it. There are currently four different timer styles to choose from and the app is packed full of useful functionality.  As you sound like you're struggling at the moment i would like to offer you a special price to help you out. Please install the app (free to install) and I'll contact you to arrange a discount.

We have other apps in development which are going to help stores like yours but these aren't yet ready for me to show yet.

Above all, you should ensure your products are items that people want, and ideally at a competitive price - or failing that, offer additional perceived value that your competitors who are cheaper, do not offer. 

Thanks

Mat

https://apps.shopify.com/order-deadline

0 Likes
13 0 0

which app you talking about? I am not getting this post

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
244 0 17

I actually recommend trying Reamaze out to boost conversions and customer engagement. If you're able to get customers talking to your team then the likelihood of converting on a sale becomes much higher. Feel free to read our reviews: https://apps.shopify.com/reamaze#reviews-heading. Reamaze supports multi-channel and multi-brand along with native instagram integration.

We also work closely with the Shopify team to help businesses better so feel free to reach out and let us know what you think!

If you're interested in seeing the app before trying, go here for a video tutorial: https://reamaze.reamaze.com/kb/video-tutorial-series/shopify-and-reamaze.

Reamaze - Customer Communications Platform for Shopify at https://apps.shopify.com/reamaze.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
261 1 46

The 5-star TRUST app https://apps.shopify.com/trust is one of the most popular apps used by Shopify Merchants. It's free too.

Conversion Plus https://apps.shopify.com/conversion is also another free app that is pretty helpful.

Utilize Trust Seals with Reviews Generation to increase your sales conversions - https://apps.shopify.com/trust
1 Like