Which payment type did customer choose?

Solved
Excursionist
36 0 3

Is it possible to see a report for payment types?

i.e. to see how many pay with G payments, Apple Pay, credit card etc?

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
784 76 123

Hi, @Dirky

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Great question.

A breakdown of your payment types can be seen within the Payments report of the Finances section of your Analytics as seen below: 

20-04-qp9yc-hgo1c

Within the  Payments report, you can set a time frame, and it will generate a report showing the following:

20-04-x2t98-aquur

You can choose to view your payment per sales channel, as well as further sort each payment column by type clicking on the title of the column here, for example:

20-04-ya8xv-lt34r

For further information about the reports available to you, please review the Help Doc on Shopify Analytics. 

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Excursionist
36 0 3

Hi Helen,

Unless I am mistaken this does not show Apple Pay payments, can you confirm this?

Regards
Mike

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
784 76 123

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Dirky

The Payments report will specify when Apply Pay was used as a payment method. Apple Pay is part of the accelerated checkout, and so it will be indicated within the second column (accelerated checkout) of the report.

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

2 0 0

It shows only the total amount. Would it be possible to see for each order separately?

For example in the finance (sales) report?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
784 76 123

Hey, @Muriko. Welcome to the Community. Thanks for your question!

To see which orders are associated with the total type of payment, you can click directly on the payment type in the Finances Summary report as seen in the example below:

20-11-1852l-7i2ud

Another way to see which payment type was used for which order, is to export Orders to a CSV file. The attributes of each order will be presented in a spreadsheet, including the type of payment used. 

Does that help?

2 0 0

Thank you for your reply, @Helen 

In this spreadsheet, the payment type for POS sales is always the same (custom), with no difference between cash or card.

Is there a way to see in CSV file also this difference?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
784 76 123

You're welcome, @Muriko. I'm happy to help! You are referring to the Order CSV spreadsheet, correct?

A payment type identified as ‘Custom’ for your POS orders would have been a payment method set up manually for methods such as checks, store credit, or third-party terminals. Therefore, if your custom method is due to a third party payment terminal, you can set it up to be more specific and identify it as ‘Credit Card’ or even as specific as the type of card used as well. You can read more about this in Setting up a custom payment method.

That being said, orders that were processed as cash should then show ‘Cash’ as the payment type in your Order CSV, so let’s investigate this further. 

• Did you export all orders? Or was it just for specific ones or timeframes? 
  • Do the order timelines for your POS transactions show some orders processed in 'Cash'? See example below:

20-11-kjyfy-mecrx