Which plan do i need to customize SMS notification ?

Solved
letseatpapio
Tourist
3 0 1

Can you start my paid plan so I can edit SMS notifications also

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
882 91 139

Hi, @letseatpapio!

I’m happy to look into this for you too. Please keep in mind that it can take longer than usual lately to have your account reviewed for eligibility for ending your trial. Additionally, as mentioned earlier in this thread, not all requests are approved. 

When are you planning to launch your store? How many days do you have left on your trial? If you aren't planning to launch immediately and you have a week or less left of trial time, I would highly recommend waiting for the trial to end on its own. Access to editing SMS notifications will automatically enable at that time (provided you've chosen a plan), and so it will be the most efficient way to go about it.

Let me know!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
megalore
1 0 0

Hi, please also help me. I have the same problem. "

Custom SMS templates unavailable

Modifying SMS templates is not possible on your plan."

I can't edit alos.  Here's my email: megaloreph@gmail.com

I really need to activate my SMS confirmation, please send me the instruction. Thank you and God bless!

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
882 91 139

Hi, @megalore! Welcome to the Community; Thanks for reaching out. 

In order to know more about how we can go about solving this for you, could you please tell me if you are still on your 14-day trial? Or are you already on a paid plan and the SMS template is not able to be edited?

I’ll watch for your reply. Thanks!

0 Likes
LinasJ
1 0 0

I need to edit this too. I'm starting my site this night, and sms is in english, my site is in different language. 

I must edit sms now, but we still have a week of free trial. 

Translators are sitting here and I pay them for hours 

This is so bad

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
882 91 139

Welcome to the Community, @LinasJ. I completely understand your urgency, so I’m happy to help! 

Please note, an escalation of your request to move onto a paid plan does take some time for our Financial Services department to receive and review. Therefore, I just want you to be aware that going about it this way might not resolve it prior to the end of your trial. However, I’m more than happy to escalate it for you anyways, in hopes that it does have a quick turnaround time for you. Please watch for an email from me so that we can proceed with it.

Did you change the language of your theme manually as well, using your translators? Or did you update it automatically by going to ‘Settings > Languagesfrom your admin? Just an FYI, when updating the language from your Settings, all email notifications will be translated automatically when left unedited. You can read more about it in the Help Doc for Changing the language of your email templates.

0 Likes
ramonxu
1 0 0

Hi, please also help me. I have the same problem. "

Custom SMS templates unavailable

Modifying SMS templates is not possible on your plan."

I can't edit alos.  Here's my email: ramonxu @gmail.com

I have basin plan.

I really need to activate my SMS confirmation, please send me the instruction. Thank you!

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
882 91 139

Hey, @ramonxu. Thanks for reaching out! Did you have a chance to read through the previous posts in this thread already? 

To summarize, in order to be able to edit your SMS notifications, the Financial Services department will need to review your account. If approved, they will manually switch you onto a paid plan. This process isn’t immediate, and is in fact taking even longer than usual lately due to high support demands on the department. Therefore, oftentimes it is actually quicker to choose a plan, and once your trial expires on its own, the SMS notification template will automatically become available for editing.

Let’s assess it together and see which would be the most efficient way for you to get access to the SMS template. How many days are left on your trial?

0 Likes
maikedeebi
1 0 0

Hi Helen!

I exactly have the same problem. A customer support initially said I need to end the trial period. A second customer support said there's no need to end the trial period for this function but  actualy directed me to this post. I would like to officially end my trial so I can edit my SMS Templates. Please help!

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
882 91 139

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @maikedeebi. Welcome to the Community, and thanks for taking the time to contribute to this thread. I’m happy to clarify the information you've been given, and outline your options moving forward. Here’s the scoop:

It is possible to escalate a request to end your trial period early, and be put onto a paid plan in order to have access to editing your SMS notifications. However, this request isn’t always guaranteed to be approved, and due to the high volume of support requests currently, it can take some added time for your escalation to even be reviewed. 

Therefore, what I suspect was the intent behind the information you received from your previous interactions, is that it currently tends to be more efficient to wait for your trial to end on it’s own; Your account automatically switching over to a paid plan (provided you’ve entered your billing information and chosen a plan prior to the end of your trial), has a higher likelihood of occurring before your escalation is reviewed. How much longer is left on your trial anyways? Is there an urgent reason you are needing to edit these notifications prior to the end of it?

That all being said, if you decide that you’d like to proceed with putting in a request anyways, we are happy to consult with our Financial Services team to see if we can proceed with an escalation for you. 

In order to do so we will need to access your account information. At this time, we are unable to assist with account specific support like this through the Community, so I do need to direct you back to our contact page to login and connect via a live chat, callback or email. In order to save some time so that the Support Advisor you speak with can help you as quickly as possible though, please share your previous ticket number along with this summary of your request at the beginning of your conversation:

“I am currently on my 14-day free trial, and I would like to switch over to a paid plan before it ends so that 
I can edit my SMS Notifications”.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Let me know if I can help with anything else. Thanks!

0 Likes