Which plan do i need to customize SMS notification ?

Solved
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi,

I have a Basic Shopify Plan and I can't customize SMS notification. Which plan to choose if I want to customize my SMS notifications ? Shopify or Advanced Shopify ?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
450 56 75

Hi, @JKS

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Welcome to the Community, and thanks for reaching out about this!

You should be able to customize SMS notifications on any paid subscription plan. Therefore, could you please tell me more about what you are experiencing that is preventing you from editing yours so that I can help.

Thank you!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi,

when i want to customize the SMS template for "Shipment", I've got this message : "Custom SMS templates unvailable. Modifying SMS templates is not possible on your plan"

Here is a screenshot : 

capture_sms_notification.JPG

Is it because I'm in the 90-day free trial ? However I suscribed for the Basic Shopify Plan.

Thank you for your response.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
450 56 75

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @JKS

Thanks for the screenshot! 

You are correct. Editing the SMS templates is unavailable during the free trial period. Even though you have chosen a plan, the status of the store is technically still in trial since you won’t be invoiced for your chosen plan until the trial officially ends. This is a feature put in place in order to prevent any misuse of the platform.

Therefore, you have two options in order to be able to edit SMS notifications: 

1. You can wait until your trial period is over, and your first invoice is paid. The editing ability of SMS notifications will automatically become available then. 
  2. If you prefer to end your trial period earlier and begin your billing cycle, I can facilitate that for you as well by initiating the payment of your first invoice. This will put you on your chosen subscription plan, and all features will become available to you.

Let me know what you decide, or if you have any further questions. I’m here to help!

1 Like
Highlighted
6 0 0

Ok thank you for the information.

So I would like to get the option 2 : i prefer to end my trial period now so that all features will be available. Could you tell me what to do ?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 0

Hi Helen!

I exactly have the same problem. A customer support initially said I need to end the trial period. A second customer support said there's no need to end the trial period for this function but  actualy directed me to this post. I would like to officially end my trial so I can edit my SMS Templates. Please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
450 56 75

You’re welcome, @JKS

I am sending you an email so that I can authenticate you, and we can move forward with making the plan adjustment on your account. Please keep an eye out for it!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
450 56 75

Hey, @prankoyz.

I’m sorry for any confusion there has been around this! I am happy to help you switch off of your trial period and onto a paid plan so that you can edit the SMS notifications on your store. 

I’ve sent you an email so that we can proceed with making the plan adjustment. Please reply at your earliest convenience.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 0

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi Helen,

thank you. It works.

Sincerly,