Who else is angry that phone support is no longer available and contact email support is nowhere

Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 11

Who else is angry that phone support is no longer available when we signed up  and paid for it as part of the Shopify contract?

And how many others out there are having issues with trying to contact email support which is nowhere to be found?

And when I try to follow the links to email I get this stupid message when I try to sign in.........Sorry, this shop is currently unavailable.

Shopify's recent email brags about reducing its carbon footprint by having its workers work from home and using the pandemic as an excuse to reduce services that we have paid for.

When will Shopify work out a system to plug us through to a functional phone service again?

I remind Shopify 24/7 phone support was part of its contract.

6 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

We too are incredibly disappointed that there is no longer a phone number or email support. We are struggling with returns and exchanges with the all new POS system. The function to return the balance on a return or exchange to a system generated gift card suddenly no longer works and you can only apply the balance to a preprinted physical gift card. A week ago a gift card appeared at the bottom of the customers receipt. We need help and there is no one available to walk us through this. Outrageous. The old system allows for printing store credits and not gift cards for returned merchandise a common practice amongst 90% of small retailers. Surprisingly we could go back to the old system even though two weeks ago we were instructed that that option was no longer available. If the support team is no longer answering calls or emails what on earth are they doing? Do they still have jobs?

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 6

I am not happy about this at all. This is ridiculous, thousands of users have relied on this for YEARS and now they take it away???  That's not cool at all!  I love using Shopify and was always bragging about their service to everyone and even referred customers to them because of their service.  This just kicked them down a notch!   We spend a lot of money on this service and other fees.  If it's a financial decision, then have a discussion with the users and discuss raising fees but DON'T take away a service we all have relied on to run our business.  When we need support we need it.  I understand there are probably lot of how to questions but we need this service!! 

We have stores open and I had issue trying to get logged in after we upgraded the POS.  I tried to get support the other day and I had to go through chat and it took 45 minutes! My internet went down and I got discounted.  I don't know why they got ditched this.  PLEASE BRING THIS BACK!!!   Your stock is SOARING In the stock market, what's the issue??

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 2

i agree it is part of the deal-it is so frustrating

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 11
According to shopify's last email to us their staff are all working from
home, as I said in my email my post. Shopify brags in the email they are
decreasing their carbon footprint but the result is an increase in our
frustration. so I don't know whether this is a cost saving measure but the
sooner that they get the workers who are at home plugged in to a call and
telephone system and then an email answering system the better off we will
all be. you would think that they would have had enough time to implement
this solution before they took all those services down.
And where is shopify is response in all of this? I see nothing.
Hello shopify please respond because there is no other way to contact you.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 11
Yes shopify it is time to contact us and tell us when you are restoring the
services that we agreed to in our contracts
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 11
It is time for shopify to contact us and let us know when they are
restoring the services that we agreed to in our contracts
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am absolutely furious! I hired a "Shopify Expert" to import over 60k sku's to my store. He completely botched everything including existing products. I have been trying to get help with undoing what he did, and re-importing, and I can't get a single person on the phone. Only emails from people who have NO IDEA what they're doing. I am disgusted that Shopify has abandoned their customers like this. It has taken years to build the backend of my store and I'm extremely angry that I can no longer get help. Insane!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 11

Having just spent an hour and a half on chat only to find out that changing fb and insta information is not possible until their work is completed I asked how to get a phone call.....are you ready....

Alright so the following are the steps:

• Go to support.shopify.com
  • Log in to your account. This will be important if you would prefer the callback option, as it will only be presented if you're logged in
  • Type in keywords for your issue in the Search field and click Search
  • You'll then notice common questions related to your issue, as well as help guides. Below this, you'll see the option to contact our support team.
  • Then you'll see the options to chat with us, email us, or request a callback ....................... an insult...so I requested "Please also suggest to your it support team that a simple button to request a call back once we have logged in would be a much nicer way to treat your paid up clients rather than this insult of a list of instructions".
1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

Well - I'm glad that I read your message, I have needed help too! I use to Chat with Shopify and get help! This is just plain awful. We use Zoho and they are still working like they should. There is no excuse for this. It may cause us to go to another platform.

0 Likes