Wholesale Shop

Tourist
6 0 1

Hi,

Been looking online but cant wrap my head around whether shopify would be right for our wholesale business.

I'm looking to open a wholesale store where we can, for the time being, show products with all necessary details like product ratio, colours, etc. Most of the templates I have seen on Shopify seem to accomodate only the retail market and I couldn't locate any with additional functions which would be suited for a wholesale business.

Currently I want to open the store without selling online but showcasing products only. Once our products are all listed (which may take some time) then we want to activate payments but only through approved registered members. Ideally, the customer would first have to register in order to make purchases. Some online wholesale websites allow users to view their products without registering but the product price is not displayed. Once registered to their sites, you can then view their prices and place orders. Is this something I can achieve through Shopify?

Though it's not something we need immediately but in future we may also be interested in using the admin controls to categorise membership access. For example, is it possible to register some buyers with limited access and others with full access to all products. Also, is it possible to categorise pricing structures for products per member groups?

I would really appreciate any help offered and hopeefully something affordable without having to rely on third party apps who seem to charge way more than the store subscription itself (unless it's the only way).

If shopify is not the ideal solution for our wholesale business, could you recommend any alternatives which are as affordable as Shopify (in the short run). 

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
474 0 69

Selling wholesale on Shopify is definitely doable. The themes you can get out of Theme store are not set up with that in mind, but the great thing about Shopify is that you can totally customize your theme code. So a lot features you may need can be custom built. It really depends on your exact needs. The items you mentioned are all doable. I would suggest finding a Shopify Expert to work with to help build you these custom features.

If you're able to be on the Shopify Plus plan. There are even more features available to you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you for your reply.

I was looking at the shopify experts link. The prices at a minimum are rather high. If I were to purchase a template and then ask the shopify experts to assist us in some changes, would the same minimum prices apply? Or are these negotiable based on the work required?

I will also inquire with them.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
474 0 69

I would assume most are negotiable depending on your exact needs.

We do large projects as well as support ticket type work. If you're interested in working with us at 3five, you can submit a support ticket to us using our Expert Support app. It's free to install, you just pay for credits (hours) for us to work on your site.

0 Likes