Hi there! I have been selling ladies clothing since Jan 2013 on my shopify store. I am by no means an expert, but I am happy to share my experience.
- launched Jan 2013
- marketing was primarily social media, with minimum soends on google ads and facebook ads
- first sale was 3rd week of March, 2013
- started doing trade shows, selling product and promoting my url and that helped tremendously and sales kept building with that strategy for me
- launched and ebay store with some of my products and sent out URL (postcards) with orders and that generated some sales back to Shopify
- i went the wholesale route. My initial investment was just under $5000. out of my own pocket, purchased $500 out of cashflow monthly and kept building my store inventory and using new inventory ob my facebook page to keep drawing customers back.
- never tried dropshipping for clothing. I have a lot of returns over sizing, even though I personally measure every style and post a sizing chart in the listing. I would suggest how to manage returns with your dropshipper. Almost every customer return email starts with "I am so sorry I am so picky." and the returns are usually over length (even though its posted) or it fits and they dont like how it looks. i give no hassle returns and it is usually about 5% of what I sell.
for me, I wasnt selling every day between ebay and shopify combined until I had around 200 products in my stores.
- And no matter how awesome your store is, you lose the sale most of the time of you dont have her size, so make sure you have sizes!
I hope that helps!
Hi, we're a clothing line based here in California and we have many online boutique customers who buy our styles wholesale. Typically they would buy a minimum of a pack (usually 6 pieces 1/2/2/1 from xs-l) and resell in their store. For marketing I would definitely suggest social media (in particular Instagram), and we help promote many of our boutiques to build their following as well. Our site is www.lacewhiskey.com if you'd like to check it out.
Hi Aman! I had to close my store due to some personal reasons and I'm now selling all the inventory with a 25% discount of the wholesale price I paid.
Here's just to give you an idea of the styles I carries - https://www.facebook.com/cozmopolitaboutique. I have much more available! If interested in buying smaller lots at very reasonable prices, contact me at email@example.com.
We have a start up but we have been in the clothing buisness for over 30 years.
If you do get it going, I would recommend doing some of your own label mixed in.Take your best selling item and make a new version of it and put your label on it.This is the way most designers work. They shop and buy the best selling items and make newer versions. When you make product yourself, your margins are huge. You can put itmes on sale and still make your margins.
We make our entire line but we are well financed and have been doing it for others for a long time. Feel free to message us if you have any questions.
Good Day our brand sells wholesale items to stores and online startups so if you are looking for wholesale items in small amounts then feel free to check out my website at www.theshanicejonescollection.com and send me a e-mail if you are intrested.