Wholesale as a small business

noblethreads
3 0 0

Hi! The wholesale concept that Shopify has is perfect for me, but obviously not designed to be affordable for small business since it's only available on the Plus plan, which starts at $2000/month.

What is the easiest way for me to create a similar experience for my corporate customers? I have an ecommerce brand that is primarily direct to consumer but wanting to do a corporate wholesale experience for them to upload a logo, purchase with minimum order quantities, and do repeat purchases.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Hilary
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
84 24 12

Hi, @noblethreads!

Hilary here from the Shopify team. I'm happy to run through some alternate options to our Wholesale Channel for you to start selling wholesale as a small business. 

One option is to create a wholesale collection, or multiple wholesale collections within your current site, and use an app to hide public access to this part of the site. An app would allow you to grant access to specific customers who are able to see wholesale pricing. I'll share our Help Center document on collections, as well as some app suggestions for this option below: 

For more extensive features, such as advanced discounts, payment terms, and minimum order quantities the next option would be to use a third party app designed for selling wholesale on your site. Below are some recommended apps to look at: 

For uploading a logo, is this a function you already have on your site, or is this specific to your B2B customers? If you need to add this feature, you can look at Uploadery, or other product customization apps.

One suggestion for you is to look into our Handshake wholesale marketplace. It connects approved Shopify merchants that sell wholesale with retailers. To sell on Handshake, you must be located in the United States, and you must apply. If you are interested in finding out more check out Selling on Handshake wholesale marketplace

Let me know what you think of these wholesale options!

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes