Wholesale channel customization

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi Team,

I set up the wholesale channel for one of my clients. He wants some sort of customization like adding icons, need to change some design with the help of CSS. But there is no option to add our own CSS.

Is there any way to do customization in the wholesale channel section?

Kindly suggest on it. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9887 101 1730

This is an accepted solution.

The Wholesale Channel has a set layout and design and doesn't come with a Theme system like the Online Storefront does. There's no option to add your own customisations beyond what you'll see in the Channel Settings.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Thank you for reply.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
88 10 22

Hi, there!

Emma here from the Shopify team.

Jason is correct - currently the wholesale storefront is not customizable outside of the ability to change the name, logo, and login page background image.

I'd be happy to pass along your feedback and/or suggestions to our development team if there are any features that you'd like to see added here in future updates. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the Shopify platform and truly appreciate your feedback.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if we can help with anything else!

Emma | Shopify Support

-Emma- | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Thanks Emma!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi Team,

I have a query:

When customer signup to wholesale channel, verification email sent to Customer' email Address. Is it possible that customer will not able to log in until Admin approved his/her profile? Till they are not able to view product prices on front-end.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 5

Hi Emma,

Please put my vote for additional customization options for the Wholesale sales channel. We're not able to use the wholesale sales channel because there is no way to customize the templates to look like the rest of our site.

This presents the potential for negative user experience because they navigate away to a page that doesn't look like the referring site. I understand we can add a logo and a background image, but overall, there is more to a website's design and branding than just that. With companies putting more time and money into their website presence, we really need to have the option for a branded wholesale storefront.

Being on the expensive Shopify Plus plan, it is unfortunate that we are paying this premium cost and unable to utilize this feature without purchasing additional apps in the App Store to maintain a cohesive online brand. 

Thank you!

Heather

5 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
88 10 22

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @hgarcia!

Emma here from Shopify. I will most definitely add this as a feature request for you. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your success is our success here at Shopify, and we are always looking for ways to improve the platform, so we value your opinion!

Cheers,

Emma | Shopify Social Care 

-Emma- | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
1 0 2

+1 for "theme settings" for wholesale options in the future. 

That absence of the ability to customize Wholesale is the only thing holding us back from using Shopify plus.   We love the spirit to creating a consistent  familiar experience (much like how a Shopify checkout has become a familiar process to many consumers).  However, the current limitations are too limiting. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 7

Hello Team Shopify, 

Here is my feedback on this "resolved" matter for wholesale....

Great things that do NOT work on Wholesale:

1. changing any layout or translation (trust me, the german version is horrible)
  2. creating easy things like a sub navigation, it just limits on level 1
  3. creating any collection page outside of the "product" navigation (with #2 a bummer)
  4. a simple shopify flow integration that allows you to immediately move orders into status fulfillment (you have to manually click and follow up every order... this is just rediculous tideaous stupid work. - you have a workflow engine... let us customers of shopify make use of it... it is just a damn status... not rocket science... i could even do it via API... but hey, isn't shopify the platform that dealers can use when they don't want/need or simply aren't technial??
  5. can't change filter or utlizte search to lookup textst in product descriptions
  6. adjust the page layout... when you have variants the images just line up one after the other... as all links back to the eCom online store front it is dependent on its sequence... on wholesale (dealing with B2B guys that don't have time, or need to see all pictures) this is just a waste of screenspace. speaking of whichthis is how a "order screen" looks like on product level... and I have a huge screen... don't tell me this is a UX... this is just not nice!shopi1.JPG
    shopi2.JPG
  7. Not being able to change the favicon.
  8. can't manage prices online... you MUST upload an excel file, which (as we all just live csv files) fails in formatting everytime you open Excel and save...
  9. the homepage MUST be a Collection... ?!? what if you are a Brand.. and you may want to show some content first... i.e. welcome to the new Summer Collection... some nice graphics, and get them excited to buy... not just a "collection list".
  10. The ground-hog day classic: variants vs. products... don't even dare to search, display or have separate tags for a variant... just not possible, hence the "filters" are limited to super basics like product type and Sorting order. - that's it.

If you ask for "requirements" for Wholesale.... just give me the plain basics, that I can manage my business... 

Thanks for reading, please vote "thumbs up" - to get the basics done!

2 Likes