Solved

Wholesale channel customization

Navpreet_k
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi Team,

I set up the wholesale channel for one of my clients. He wants some sort of customization like adding icons, need to change some design with the help of CSS. But there is no option to add our own CSS.

Is there any way to do customization in the wholesale channel section?

Kindly suggest on it. 

Accepted Solutions (2)

Jason
Shopify Expert
11190 225 2282

This is an accepted solution.

The Wholesale Channel has a set layout and design and doesn't come with a Theme system like the Online Storefront does. There's no option to add your own customisations beyond what you'll see in the Channel Settings.

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★

View solution in original post

-Emma-
Shopify Staff
89 10 30

Hi, @hgarcia!

Emma here from Shopify. I will most definitely add this as a feature request for you. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your success is our success here at Shopify, and we are always looking for ways to improve the platform, so we value your opinion!

Cheers,

Emma | Shopify Social Care 

-Emma- | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 24 (24)

Jason
Shopify Expert
11190 225 2282

The Wholesale Channel has a set layout and design and doesn't come with a Theme system like the Online Storefront does. There's no option to add your own customisations beyond what you'll see in the Channel Settings.

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★
Navpreet_k
Tourist
12 0 2

Thank you for reply.

-Emma-
Shopify Staff
89 10 30

Hi, there!

Emma here from the Shopify team.

Jason is correct - currently the wholesale storefront is not customizable outside of the ability to change the name, logo, and login page background image.

I'd be happy to pass along your feedback and/or suggestions to our development team if there are any features that you'd like to see added here in future updates. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the Shopify platform and truly appreciate your feedback.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if we can help with anything else!

Emma | Shopify Support

Navpreet_k
Tourist
12 0 2

Thanks Emma!!!

Navpreet_k
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi Team,

I have a query:

When customer signup to wholesale channel, verification email sent to Customer' email Address. Is it possible that customer will not able to log in until Admin approved his/her profile? Till they are not able to view product prices on front-end.

hgarcia
Shopify Partner
2 0 12

Hi Emma,

Please put my vote for additional customization options for the Wholesale sales channel. We're not able to use the wholesale sales channel because there is no way to customize the templates to look like the rest of our site.

This presents the potential for negative user experience because they navigate away to a page that doesn't look like the referring site. I understand we can add a logo and a background image, but overall, there is more to a website's design and branding than just that. With companies putting more time and money into their website presence, we really need to have the option for a branded wholesale storefront.

Being on the expensive Shopify Plus plan, it is unfortunate that we are paying this premium cost and unable to utilize this feature without purchasing additional apps in the App Store to maintain a cohesive online brand. 

Thank you!

Heather

-Emma-
Shopify Staff
89 10 30

Hi, @hgarcia!

Emma here from Shopify. I will most definitely add this as a feature request for you. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your success is our success here at Shopify, and we are always looking for ways to improve the platform, so we value your opinion!

Cheers,

Emma | Shopify Social Care 

ScottPDX
Shopify Partner
3 0 7

+1 for "theme settings" for wholesale options in the future. 

That absence of the ability to customize Wholesale is the only thing holding us back from using Shopify plus.   We love the spirit to creating a consistent  familiar experience (much like how a Shopify checkout has become a familiar process to many consumers).  However, the current limitations are too limiting. 

JeffTheDevv
Tourist
3 0 1

Has there been any updates? It's currently 10/20 and no new feature or abilities to customize the Wholesale Channel. 

I could work with am api hook if that's an option.

Can we get a status update on where this is headed. 

Thanks

rnrmediagrp
Shopify Partner
25 0 8

I had a client who backed out of PLUS solely because wholesale wasn't customizable. He then found 2 apps that basically allowed us to our store into a wholesale store for the $30 plan. Let me know if you need something like this.

DazC
Excursionist
17 0 15

@rnrmediagrpI'd love to know what those apps were, as we need to solve this problem as well.  The Wholesale channel is not fit for purpose from a branding point of view, and it doesn't seem like it is any real priority from within Shopify (staggering really).

rnrmediagrp
Shopify Partner
25 0 8

Send me an email and we discuss info@rnrmediagrp.com

khurramkiqbal
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi,
I still can't find any customization option for CSS on the shopify wholesale app. Has this been integrated now?

khurramkiqbal_0-1643809245961.png

I want to change the "Apply for Wholesale" to "Apply for a Corporate Account"

howard3849
Tourist
3 0 2

You're out of luck man. Wholesale by Shopify Plus has not seen any updates for 2 years.

rnrmediagrp
Shopify Partner
25 0 8

Very well put, and I seriously can't believe in all these months Shopify has not cared enough to resolve this matter.

jsciabica
Excursionist
19 0 63

Count my vote for this feature.  At the very least allow CSS customization.

rnrmediagrp
Shopify Partner
25 0 8

Is it possible to ask the team to allow for some more theme customizations?

Like for instance, a Dark or Light Theme would be really helpful. My clients brand is all black.

Also the ability to change the grid layout product count per page and products per row.

We normally like our products displayed in a grid thats 5 across for example.

ChristianM
Visitor
2 0 19

Hello Team Shopify, 

Here is my feedback on this "resolved" matter for wholesale....

Great things that do NOT work on Wholesale:

1. changing any layout or translation (trust me, the german version is horrible)
  2. creating easy things like a sub navigation, it just limits on level 1
  3. creating any collection page outside of the "product" navigation (with #2 a bummer)
  4. a simple shopify flow integration that allows you to immediately move orders into status fulfillment (you have to manually click and follow up every order... this is just rediculous tideaous stupid work. - you have a workflow engine... let us customers of shopify make use of it... it is just a damn status... not rocket science... i could even do it via API... but hey, isn't shopify the platform that dealers can use when they don't want/need or simply aren't technial??
  5. can't change filter or utlizte search to lookup textst in product descriptions
  6. adjust the page layout... when you have variants the images just line up one after the other... as all links back to the eCom online store front it is dependent on its sequence... on wholesale (dealing with B2B guys that don't have time, or need to see all pictures) this is just a waste of screenspace. speaking of whichthis is how a "order screen" looks like on product level... and I have a huge screen... don't tell me this is a UX... this is just not nice!shopi1.JPG
    shopi2.JPG
  7. Not being able to change the favicon.
  8. can't manage prices online... you MUST upload an excel file, which (as we all just live csv files) fails in formatting everytime you open Excel and save...
  9. the homepage MUST be a Collection... ?!? what if you are a Brand.. and you may want to show some content first... i.e. welcome to the new Summer Collection... some nice graphics, and get them excited to buy... not just a "collection list".
  10. The ground-hog day classic: variants vs. products... don't even dare to search, display or have separate tags for a variant... just not possible, hence the "filters" are limited to super basics like product type and Sorting order. - that's it.

If you ask for "requirements" for Wholesale.... just give me the plain basics, that I can manage my business... 

Thanks for reading, please vote "thumbs up" - to get the basics done!

DazC
Excursionist
17 0 15

Are any improvements due to the Wholesale channel?

As far as I can make out nothing has changed in the year+ that this thread was started, and last update saying that feedback would be taken on board. That was March 2019.

I recently installed the Wholesale channel and was staggered by how “alpha” it felt (“beta” would be too generous). You have practically no customisation or branding options available, can’t even edit CSS for it, use brand fonts etc. It is bizarre.

howard3849
Tourist
3 0 2

OMG, you read my mind. Considering the hefty monthly fee for a Shopify Plus plan, I couldn't believe how basic the Wholesale module is. You name so many basic customization requirements that are just not available. I've used Wholesale plug-ins for the regular Shopify site, which cost like $35/month and have more features/customizations than Wholesale by Shopify Plus. Something is definitely wrong there.

rnrmediagrp
Shopify Partner
25 0 8
If you need help customizing your store's wholesale look. Create an
additional store under your plus account, and walla problem solved!
jsciabica
Excursionist
19 0 63

That creates a whole separate admin with separate products and orders.  The sales team would need to switch between the two and you'd have to integrate with 3rd party software (like shipping software) separately.  Not ideal when adding CSS would be so simple.

I only have one store, but wouldn't you also have to pay for all apps twice?

mslyna
Visitor
1 0 0

Has anyone here tried to bring the orders from Wholesales channel into ERP (NetSuite) and how was the experience?  

Propelguru
Trailblazer
313 7 44

This new product, which is usually in store or in a small business, also has the advantage of attracting more customers. These are the reasons why opening a release channel can help your business.

1. Grow business without pay-

Depending on the immediate business model and the customer, a large business budget will be allocated to grow. For each new buyer, there are different prices.

1. Borrow another brand from a reputable seller-

Just like making new customers make money, building a trustworthy audience of fans and customers is not easy. By creating wholesale businesses with design companies that have already made a name for themselves in your niche, you can use the company's kindness to get your product in the hands of customers. use of goods.

1. Enter into a new business with minimal risk-

Expand your business to a new country or region with a variety of costs, such as warehousing and logistics, or start a business to the uninitiated. you