Why Has My Domain SSL Reset To Pending

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello all, My website has been live for about 7 months now but all of a sudden I was notified by a customer they couldn't locate the url and kept getting a google safety message. I notice I have SSL pending even though this was not the case at all for months. I am unable to edit this with the manage button. I don't understand what has caused the SSL certificate to be withdrawn. I will appreciate any guidance on how to reset this to switch back on.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1040 87 117

Hi @Yaababy,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

That's strange! When you log into your admin and click Online Store > Domains > Manage domain > DNS Settings as shown here, please double-check if the A record and CNAME is pointing to Shopify correctly as mentioned below: 

• Your A record should point to Shopify's IP address, which is 23.227.38.65 

• Your www CNAME record should point to shops.myshopify.com 

You're welcome to share your domain with me here and I can double-check this for you if you would like.

Please let me know how this goes! 

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you @Ted  I've checked and the A recored and CNAMEs are accurate. It is very frustrating that for a subscription service there is no way to open a support ticket for technical support with shopify for an issue that is clearly to do with the domain and host provider.  I am missing sales. The problem was brought to my attention by customers struggling to make purchases so this is not good at all. 

Besides the SSL cert was on before so I do not understand why it switched to pending. This is not reassuring at all.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1040 87 117

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Yaababy,

Thanks for letting me know and I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to contact our support. To contact our 24/7 support, you are welcome to contact us here on Twitter or here on Facebook. If you would prefer to speak with our live chat, callback or email advisors, you can access these channels through our Help Centre.

When on the Help Centre page, you should see Support > Contact Support in the main menu or there's a Contact Shopify Support button near the end of the page. The Help Centre will try and suggest guides first to resolve your query, however, if none of these suit your needs then please keep clicking the Contact Shopify Support button at the end of the page instead. 

In some cases, Chrome extensions and cache can interfere with the Help Centre's login/authentication process and you might experience a "loop" when trying to contact our support. If this happens, I'd recommend clearing your cache or log out of your Help Centre account and access our support as a guest instead as shown in this short video. Our advisors can authenticate the account later if needed or our Facebook and Twitter support would be happy to help instead. 

If you would like to share your domain's URL with me here, I'd also be happy to take a closer look into this with you as well. 

Thanks a mill, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes