Why can I not delete or edit a transfer for receiving products?

DeJohnnie
Tourist
8 1 5

We all make mistakes. But that all these buttons have the same colour (blue) that either "receive" or "save" the transfer being made, is just confusing. So when I create a transfer and click the wrong blue button, my whole transfer is fckd. I can not alter or edit, remove or add any products.

Then I try to find out why or how to fix and I get told that I'll have to manually adjust everything and then just redo the whole transfer?

How are we supposed to track everything if we aren't allowed mistakes, which lead to time consuming manual labor, that is unnecesary to say the least.

I can not find anything about why not or why this isn't an option in the first place.

And maybe as a suggestion: Either change the colour of the "receive" button green (i.e.) instead of blue, so it is easier to click the blue one that pretty much does saving your work all over the place.

Why can I delete, edit and/or (un)archive almost anything, even orders, but no transfers? It doesn't make sense to me.

Or why is this button even present when creating a Transfer? It has no purpose until you actually have to receive goods.

I am a bit frustrated about this and rather not make transfers, do everything manually and at least then I'll know I won't get stuck with half done not used no purpose transfers.

Thanks for reading my rant, but seriously need some answers pretty please 😃

Replies 3 (3)

jm9494
Tourist
4 0 2

I'm having this problem as well. Can someone from Shopify please comment on a solution or if this is planned to be fixed anytime soon?

Boutique123
Visitor
1 0 1

I am having the same issue. I am still unable to delete an already "received" inventory Transfer. It would be nice to have a delete option or maybe have a preview version so that way if we really want to use this feature we can test it out. 

This seems like an unnecessary feature tbh. I much create collections and add products to them and individually adjust inventory as I receive them.

Shopify please add a delete button for received transfers and if you are worried that anyone accidentally deletes this important information then add a "lock" to keep it from being deleted unless by members with access. 

trs-roxanna
Excursionist
10 0 15

Would LOVE this feature