Why can't I trust Shopify to keep my data safe ?

Tourist
30 0 1

I'm a little disjointed and I pay Shopify $29.00 s ,month for a website , but then they sell apps for $30.00 + a month for data backup. I don't make a whole lot of money nor sales (maybe $300 a month ) So going from Opencart (where everything is free , paying $3.00 a month hosting and now from $3.00 it turns into close to $100.00 a month by the time you add up everything , and now I find out my website can crash and I'm totally screwed ? 

I have exported my CSV and did a theme backup , but with so much that I have involved in my site , I am now in fear my data will be lost and my business will be closed. I'm not in a financial spot to where I can pay for another app to do a backup. I must say ... this is disappointing. I truly miss my Opencart and SQUARE . 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
196 22 24

Hey there, @sparky337!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome and thanks for posting! We do maintain your stores data and configuration up to 30 days after closure, is there a reason you're particularly concerned that your data will be lost?

Although this isn't an automatic process, you can consider exporting CSV files to save your data on a regular basis. You can learn more in our Backups and duplication guide. If you're specifically concerned about your theme, you can always make copies or rollback to an older version. Most of the store backup apps I looked into for you are paid apps, however I was able to locate this one app that has a free plan up to 100MB - do you have less than 100MB of data?

I hope one of these options is a potential solution for you. Our platform is structured differently than that of Opencart, and I understand it can be quite an adjustment switching platforms. To make it easier, I'd be happy to send you an email if you have any additional questions about the platform and how we can help you develop your business. Alternatively, you can contact our 24/7 Support Team by phone, email, or live chat. Please let me know if you'd like me to email you to discuss your business's development!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes