Why can't I use PayPal Express Checkout

Resa25
Excursionist
18 3 2

I want to ask why I can't use PayPal Express Checkout in my shop, even though I have activated it, but instead it says something like this, when I use it, please help.

Resa25_0-1618865651884.png

this is my shop link. https://kapemart.com/

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
60 8 3

Hello @Resa25!

This is Lana from Shopify Support. Thank you for sending the screenshot, that's very helpful.

This error could be down to your PayPal account not matching to your currency settings. I can see that the store you linked here sells in Indonesian Rupiah, is this correct? For some regions, you may need to have a country specific PayPal account in order to be able to sell in the local currency, and if the PayPal account country does not match the currency, that error can come up.

What country are you based in? You might need to adjust your settings or change to that country's PayPal account in order to sell in the local currency.

If you're not sure about what kind of PayPal account you have, you can double check it with PayPal by contacting their support here.
Another good thing to check would be if your PayPal is a business account, and I have information from our Help Centre on that here

Let me know if you need any help here at all.

Thanks. -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes