Why can't my customers post to my store's blog?

GenerationBake
2 0 0

Hello all!

I've enabled comments and made multiple posts, but when a customer navigates to my page, there is no section for them to post on.  What am I doing wrong here?  I've tried both enabling comments with moderation and without and nothing works.  Can you help?

https://www.generationbake.com/blog/news

Thank you!

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
732 39 225

Hi, @GenerationBake

My name is Rae, and I work for Shopify.

I appreciate you reaching out about enabling comments on your blog. Looking at the URL you provided, it leads to a 404 error page on your site. However, when I select 'Blog' from your main menu, I can view your blog correctly, and see that the option for comments isn't currently available. 

With this in mind, when you tried to allow comments previously, did you follow these steps? If so, you can double check that comments are enabled on your blog posts by: 

1. Logging in to your Shopify admin 
  2. Clicking 'Online store > Blog posts' 
  3. Clicking 'Manage blogs' at the top of the page 
  4. Clicking on your blog 
  5. Selecting the comment setting that you'd like here: 

20-11-5wuo7-pvzde.png

Once you've done this, the comment box should appear on your blog posts. However, if you don't see this option right away, please try clearing your browser cache

Let me know how this goes. If you still aren't seeing this option, I'm happy to continue lending a hand until we can get this resolved!

Best, 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
GenerationBake
2 0 0

Hi Rae, thank you for your help.  Unfortunately, it didn't work.  I have tried both the "comments are moderate' and "comments are automatically posted" and neither works.  I also tried clearing my cache but it doesn't seem to help.  

What can I try next?  

Thank you

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
732 39 225

Hi, @GenerationBake

Thanks for your quick reply. 

Which theme are you currently using on your site? You can find this information directly in your Shopify admin under 'Online store > Themes > Current theme'

It's possible this issue may be tied to whichever theme you're using now. To determine if this is the case though, please download a new blank copy of Shopify's Debut theme by following these steps: 

1. Head to the 'Online store > Themes' section of your Shopify admin 
  2. Scroll down to 'Theme library' 
  3. Click 'Explore free themes' 
  4. Click on 'Debut' and download this theme to your admin 

Then, click 'Customize' beside this Debut theme, and add your 'Blog' menu item to the header by following these steps under 'Add a menu'

Once you've completed this, you can preview this theme by visiting 'Online store > Themes > Theme library' and clicking 'Actions > Preview' beside Debut. Inside this preview, select your 'Blog' menu item and double check to see if the option to comment on your blogs is available.

Keep me posted on how this goes! I can certainly help with the next steps once we've determined if this is happening only on your current theme, or also on Debut, too. 

Talk soon, 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes