Why customers leave without buying.

Hillary_Mawarir
Tourist
14 0 2

Google Ads are taking customers to my products but they leave without buying.

Hi Good people,

Kindly assist what could be the reason people who are being led from google ads to products on my website leave without buying. Only very very few proceed to checkout but then abandon the cart and cart recovery emails had never yielded a sale despite offering some discount on the last of the three follow up emails.

Same products are being bought on a platform where I pay a commission for listing, so I thought of making an online store to increase the profit I get from a sale.

For example, if someone searched on google for a Smart LNB, click here to see the landing page linked to the AD. The customer will then click on the item they want and leave the site within an average of 20 seconds, they don't go to About Us or Contact Us, so I put the issue of trust as second.

Your views are welcome, even brutal as long they are honest.

Thank you in advance.

Rock_Paper_Copy
Shopify Partner
1021 0 110

Hi, Hillary! Maggie, a Shopify Partner here :)

I’d be happy to help. I understand you are getting clicks from Facebook ads on your target keywords, from your relevant audience, and deliver the product they are looking for, but still have no sales? There could be few reasons for that - consider searching for the phrase you are targeting on Facebook and see what comes up - how do you present yourself amongst the competition? Are your target customers actively using Facebook and are prone to make a purchase after seeing an ad on this social platform?

Have you considered other ways of getting traffic? Facebook ads can work, if done correctly and optimized for the right audience. However, there are plenty of different ways you can drive an organic, relevant traffic [much cheaper] than ads.

First, let’s focus on what we can do to improve your store front.

Your logo is too small to see the details clearly:

Screen Shot 2560-09-18 at 5.58.34 AM.png

It is difficult to see what it represents.

Consider getting a professionally designed logo, on a transparent background, in order to improve the look of your store.

• Your homepage needs more ‘wow’ factor - consider adding a banner at the top of the page with sliding images, displaying your most sought-after products, and linking to the relevant collections.
  • It will help you engage with the visitors, improve the sales funnel and reduce the bounce rate. As you improve the store navigation [send customers to other page / collections], it will also extend the time spent on your website [important SEO ranking factor].
  • Google prefers websites where customers spend longer time browsing [so 30 seconds would be considered too short], as it assumes the websites deliver valuable content for the visitors. This effectively means that Google gives websites like this a priority in the search results. Make sure on extending the time spent on your site, by optimizing each page and making it engaging.
  • You have plenty of products, and as you mentioned, you are in a competitive niche, with people able to buy the same products from other places. In this kind of situation, your top priority should be to study your competitors on a regular basis to learn how they delight customers. You need to know exactly what do they offer, what products they carry, what is their specialty, what prices they’ve got, and also, how do they differentiate themselves from other stores. Do not aim to beat any store on the price or by offering a free shipping. This is not enough to win customers over. You need to know how your store fits with the competitors and how you can differentiate your USP [unique selling proposition] to win over the customers. You also need your target customers, to understand how they shop, what are they looking for, and then deliver this better than your competitors.
  • It is possible to succeed in a saturated niche, it simply takes more time and research to do it.
  • Product page looks great! You have long and unique product descriptions and size charts, perfect! Consider adding related items to your product template. It will help you increase your average order value through cross selling. Please watch this video to learn how to add related products to your Shopify store.
  • Make sure that the product titles consist of your best-performing keywords.
  • Contact us - add a short paragraph [2 sentences] to encourage people to take action. It is a good practice to always write a short intro to each page when optimizing websites. Something along the lines: “Contact us today with any questions. Fill in the form below and click “Send”. We will get back to you within 24 hours” will be perfect. Also, use standard “page.contact” template from Shopify to display a contact form on this page.
  • About Us - consider adding more content to this page. The more content you have, the quicker you’ll start ranking in Google. Make sure to tell more about your brand, your story, what inspired you to start this business, and also add a photo of your team and your warehouse / retail premises if you have one. Add internal links, H tags and bolded key phrases to target your specific keywords. Learn more: How to completely SEO your Shopify pages.
  • Returns policy - make sure to have a custom, unique policy in place. You still display Shopify standard policy, which lists some of the products you are not selling. Custom refund policy will make shoppers trust you more and it will also help you avoid duplicate content issues from Google. Make sure to hyperlink email address for a 1-click-contact. Learn more here: How to make email address into hyperlink.
  • Shipping page - add this page, and display your delivery rates table {even if you offer free shipping, make sure it is clearly displayed here}, and inform people more about the shipping process. What couriers do you use? Can they track the parcel? Can you ship to alternative address [like work]? The more info you add and more questions you answer, the more people will trust your store. Trust will then translate into sales = people shop from websites they trust.
  • Blog - consider blogging regularly. It’s a great way to bring the most relevant traffic to your store and create a rapport with the potential shoppers. People buy from people, not from brands, so showing your personality and an expertise through the blog posts will have a major impact on your conversion rate [sales per visits].
  • Blogging regularly will help you reach Google Page 1 quicker. Each time a new blog post is added, a new page is indexed by the search engines. If you were to post once a week, by the end of the first month, your website would double the number of pages indexed by the search engines.
  • Within a month, your website would go from 10-20 pages in the search engine pool—to 30-40 pages that can possibly be returned in the top spot on Google. Stretch that out over the course of a year and our 10-20 page website now has around 250 pages indexed in the search engines.
  • Each indexed page adds another ticket to the great Google lottery. The more tickets you hold, the better chance of winning the top spot in the search engine rankings.

SEO score: 54/100

• You seem to have two different domain names [perhaps a default .myshopify domain and your custom domain] pointing to your website. As you didn’t setup a redirect, Google reads them as two different websites having a duplicate content. This might affect the way you rank in the search results, so I recommend adding a redirect command.
  • Update your meta title and description - these values appear in the Google search results and are the first thing people see when they come across your site. Your website meta title is "Vardox PBCl”, and meta description is “Easy access to products at affordable prices in a fast and most convenient way.”. Make sure to update these, and add CTA [call to action] and USP [unique selling point] to give visitors a good reason to click your store, and not your competitor’s, when they see your site in the search results. Consider also adding your best-performing keywords. These values appear in the Google search results and are the first thing people see when they come across your site.
  • H tags - you are currently using H2 and H3 tags only within your content. Make sure to use them in the right order [H1-H2-H3-H4-H5] and include your key phrases within the tags to tell Google what each page is about. Make sure to use your key phrases when adding the H tags and other SEO elements - using your best performing keywords within these tags will help you drive more relevant traffic.
  • The word cloud detected that the words you currently rank for are: “Sale, Sale, price”. Please make sure to add more content with plenty of your target keywords, to rank for the phrases that could drive the most relevant traffic.

If you would like to learn more how to boost your sales and drive more relevant, organic traffic to your website, please book your business consultation today. Also, consider investing in a professional website redesign by an authorized Shopify Partner. We can optimize your store for an online user and for SEO in only 10 days.

If you liked this website review and would like to receive feedback on your website, please order your Full website critique today:

http://www.rockpapercopy.com/critiques.html

Maggie Tuczapska

Ecommerce Expert at Rock Paper Copy

http://www.rockpapercopy.com

maggie@rockpapercopy.com

Skyrocket your Christmas traffic with 12 Weeks of Christmas marketing package!

Learn How to Set up a Shopify Store. Join our Shopify Training Course today: http://bit.ly/ShopifytrainingSEO
ebrandu
2 0 0

Hi Good evening to everyoneebrandu online store management

Many reasons quit people without buy your product.like product quality,not satisfy your quality,your service.so our company provided best ebrandu online store management.your website related all information and redesign your website.each and everything manage ecommerce tool.it is best options

• online store management
  • ecommerce website development company

0 Likes
Hillary_Mawarir
Tourist
14 0 2

Hi Ebrandu,

I think the issues is about my website, not products because I am getting sales from same prodcuts but from a different platform which is not my website and we are always getting extremely positive comments about our service.

I thought of having own website but to my suprise people are not buying. They don't even check other pages like contact us, about us, etc.

Thanks for your contribution.

0 Likes
Hillary_Mawarir
Tourist
14 0 2

Hi Maggie,

Thank you is too small a word for the time and dedication you put on reviewing the website. You have gone extra mile, thumps up.

I will surely work on getting the logo redesigned, would you recommend a name change? One person said the name Vardox PBC is complicated.

I will tackle all your suggestions implementing them one by one but some are beyond my undertanding e.g. adding a redirect command, meta title and description, H Tags and the Word Cloud. Hopefully it does not cost too muh to get help of an expert like you.

Many thanks for the review.

0 Likes
Rock_Paper_Copy
Shopify Partner
1021 0 110

Hi Hillary, no problem - you can change the name, if you want, as you are just starting up. It's always better to have a name that reflects your niche, and also something easy to remember. 

Learn How to Set up a Shopify Store. Join our Shopify Training Course today: http://bit.ly/ShopifytrainingSEO
0 Likes
Maria3
5 0 0

Cart abandonment happens more often than you might think. The average abandonment rate is 70-80 percentdepending on your sector, but it is rarely the end of the shopping experience if you take action.

Emails prompting customers to return to a site and complete a purchase, so-called abandoned cart emails, can be extremely effective and are a cornerstone of e-commerce email marketing. According to SaleCycle, cart abandonment emails are opened by the recipient in about 46 percent of cases and about 35 percent of those clicks lead to sales. At the end of the day, every abandoned cart email you send is worth $5.64 in revenue.

The trick is that you have to send the right email at the right time. Timing is one thing. Ometria writes that cart abandonment emails sent in the first 20 minutes that someone abandons a cart have a 5.2 percent conversion rate while those sent in the first hour have a 4.5 percent conversion rate. Wait 24 hours before you send an abandoned cart email and the conversion drops to 2.6 percent.

The other side of cart abandonment emails is that you have to send the right one. Here are five abandoned cart emails for Shopify that you can start using today:

https://pixc.com/blog/5-abandoned-cart-emails-for-shopify/

0 Likes
Hillary_Mawarir
Tourist
14 0 2

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the contribution in resolving the issue with my site, I am looking at the 5 emails you recommended.

0 Likes
CarlowSEO
Shopify Expert
466 0 35

Perhaps I missed some of the first steps to address:

1. Segmentation - Who are the ads going to...

2. Ad content - What does the ad say do they land where they expect

3. Google Conversions are always low compared to other avenues

Trevor www.carlowseo.com
rito
Shopify Partner
255 1 48

Hi Hillary,

Couple things to consider doing:

• Your logo looks rather unprofessional. It represents your brand, and people will make snap judgements about your site based on it. Consider getting one professionally made.
  • Add product reviews to your product page
  • Try to add more product images, and zooming feature if possible
  • You seem to be selling many technical products, but lacking technical specs/details that most would find helpful for such products.

Cheers,

Ryoma

——————————————————————————————————————————————

Free Trust Seals with Reviews Generation to increase conversions - https://apps.shopify.com/trust

Free Ads Exchange - https://apps.shopify.com/ads

Free Conversion Checkout Timer - https://apps.shopify.com/conversion

Utilize Trust Seals with Reviews Generation to increase your sales conversions - https://apps.shopify.com/trust
0 Likes