Why did Shopify miss some orders?

Solved
ZiZoouStore
Excursionist
28 0 5

Hi everyone,

I sometime received some calls from my customers, they asked me why I didn't ship products to them. Then I checked my orders on Shopify and I didn't see their orders. But when I checked the customers' list, I saw their names and numbers with 0 order (?).

Please help me to understand this issue.

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
137 17 10

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @ZiZoouStore!

This is Lana from Shopify. I see you're having some issues with orders so I wanted to help you out.

There are a couple of things you can check if you're finding that the orders that customers are placing don't appear for you.

The first thing would be to make sure that your payment gateway is not in test mode. The way to check this is to go to Settings > Payments, and then depending on what gateway you're using, i.e. Shopify Payments, - you can click Manage on the Shopify Payments section, and scroll down to the very bottom to where you will see the Test mode section. If that box is checked, you can uncheck it and your gateway will be able to process real sales again. In the case that your gateway was in test mode, you will need to make up for the missed orders by recreating them as draft orders and sending your customers an invoice from those orders so that they can make the payments. For this, please see our guide on Draft Orders.

If your gateway was not in test mode, then we will need to take a closer look and see why the orders are not processing. Depending on where you're seeing the orders, in the Orders section, or in Orders > Abandoned Carts, you will need to click into one of the orders and scroll down to the Timeline section. There, you will be able to see if any errors occurred that prevented the orders from processing. If you do have to look into that section, let me know what you find - screenshots/further context on any errors or issues would be very helpful.

Thanks! -Lana 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ZiZoouStore
Excursionist
28 0 5

Thanks for your help.

I follow your guide about checking Abandoned Carts and see some useful information there.

Thank you so much.

0 Likes