Why do I need a Canadian phone number to accept payout?

5After
1 0 0

In Settings then Shopify payments, it says I MUST have a Candian phone number even though all the information I have is from the US?

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1192 155 194

Hey, @5After! Thanks for starting this thread. Let’s look into this for you so that you can get your account set up.

The Shopify Payments account you are eligible to use is determined by where you and your business are based. Therefore, if you live in the USA, you’ll be able to create a USA Shopify Payments account and all information in relation to it (address, bank account, phone number etc.) must be based in the USA as well. Every Shopify Payments account does get reviewed, and so proof of location and identity will be requested once your account is up for review. 

Therefore, as a first step towards troubleshooting this, could you please confirm for me that the information you’ve entered in the Store address section in ‘Settings > General’ is all USA based information as well? As I mentioned, the information entered here will determine which Shopify Payments account you are eligible to use, and will therefore require the same regional information when setting up your Shopify Payments account.

I’ll keep an eye out for your reply, and we’ll go from there!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1192 155 194

Hi again, @5After! I wanted to follow up with you to see if you were able to get this sorted out?

If I can clarify anything further, or you need further assistance, please let me know. Live support is also available 24/7, so feel free to login to your account through the Shopify Help Center if you’d like to get in touch with a Support Advisor via live chat, email or phone callback.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes