Why does facebook require shipping?

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

I am trying to post my store on fb, but I receiving "This product must require shipping" error.

I cannot find an explanation on why, or how to work around this.

My shop is pickup only.

Dustin

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
77 0 17

Hey Dustin!

Wesley here from the Guru team. 

From what I have been able to gather on this, Facebook is really not wanting to sell "digital products" on their platform. We are pushing to get them to change their policy on this, but it is something that is firm for now.

Since you are selling physical goods, but just want to have a pickup option, you may want to have them "require shipping" and just set your shipping as "in store pick-up" that way you can publish to facebook! If you choose to go this route, I would also say something in your Order Confirmation email to the customer about the product only being available for in store pickup and have the address in that email as well. 

Cheers,

Wesley | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 1

How do I set it to "In Store Pick-Up"  I set the rates to $0.00 but now it requires a shipping address.

Thank you for your help!

Dustin

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
77 0 17

Hey Dustin!

So not really any way around that I'm afraid. You will have to require a shipping address. However, if you are using the shopify checkout and not the Facebook Checkout you can change the wording of the title "shipping address" to something like "customer address". You can do this in Settings > Checkout > Checkout Language. 

Hope that helps as a bit of a workaround!

0 Likes