Why i have no create a template button on my Legal Page

Highlighted
2 0 0

When i go in my Settings i go to Legal and everyone got a create Template Button but not me so what is the problem?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
798 41 122

That is definitely strange, I'd like to take a look at that for you now. Would you be able to send us an email to support@shopify.com using the email address listed as the account owners(the email you use to log in)? Once you have done that, you can pop back here and let me know the support ticket number you were assigned (which will be emailed to you). That way, I can pick the ticket out of the queue and see why you seem to be missing the page templates!

Speak soon!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

did it :) 11879203

@Ava wrote:

That is definitely strange, I'd like to take a look at that for you now. Would you be able to send us an email to support@shopify.com using the email address listed as the account owners(the email you use to log in)? Once you have done that, you can pop back here and let me know the support ticket number you were assigned (which will be emailed to you). That way, I can pick the ticket out of the queue and see why you seem to be missing the page templates!

Speak soon!

Ava

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
798 41 122

Thanks so much for that! I have your store details here. I took a look at your settings and can see the templates are available there. You will just need to click the 'create from template' button to see the text appear. I've made a quick video on how to do this here from my test store: https://screenshot.click/30-53-aacly-mirsl.mp4

Now that you have created those templates, they will show up on the footer of your checkout like so:

30-57-ac5gn-gqe4b

Now that you have created the templates, you can add them to a page on your store if you like. You can add the links to your policies to the footer or main menu, just so they are easily found by your customers! Copy the text from these template policies, then you can go to Online Store > Pages > Add a Page. Then past the text into that new page and save! After that, you can go to Online Store > Navigation and add those links to your preferred navigation. This is an optional step, so you don't essentially need to do this! But the steps are there if you do want to add them. Here is another quick video on how to do this: https://screenshot.click/30-06-1so1w-ayb78.mp4

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Ava

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I have the same problem...no template button on my legal page at all

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

and my ticket number is 12379407.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
798 41 122

Hey, Thomas!

Thanks so much for the email, I have it here. I can see your Checkout language is set to French in your admin (Settings > Checkout > Checkout Language). I'm afraid templates are only available for stores who use English as their checkout language at the moment. This will hopefully be available in more languages in the future as the admin develops! In the meantime, you can use our Policy Generator here to create your legal templates. The templates are not available in all languages yet, so I would recommend pasting the template into Google Translate to translate it to your language for your checkout. I'd also recommend manually reading over the templet you've just created in case of any mistranslations from Google Translate.

I can let our development team know that this is a pain point for your business, this feedback is very important to them. Hopefully, it can be something we can offer from the admin soon. While we would not have a specific timeline for that yet, you can definitely keep an eye on our announcements page. We will post any new updates or developments there!

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Ava

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there! We are experiencing the same issue, I have no create from template button on my site for the privacy policies, can you please help? info@sativaibiza.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
798 41 122

Hi, @TruthSlap!

I'm afraid templates are only available for stores who use English as their checkout language at the moment. Is your checkout set to appear in any other language than English at the moment? To check this, you can go to the admin and select Settings > Checkout, then scroll to the bottom of the page:

26-13-73rec-k3so9

Unless English is the default language here, the templates will not be available I'm afraid. In the meantime, you can use our Policy Generator here to create your legal templates. The templates are not available in all languages yet, so I would recommend pasting the template into Google Translate to translate it to your language for your checkout. I'd also recommend manually reading over the templet you've just created in case of any mistranslations from Google Translate.

I've submitted this feedback to our development team so they will be aware this is a pain point for your business. Hopefully, it can be something we can offer from the admin soon. While we would not have a specific timeline for that yet, you can definitely keep an eye on our announcements page. We will post any new updates or developments there!

Thanks for reaching out!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

0 Likes