Solved

Why is my checkout not working?

gbilsky
Tourist
4 0 3

I'm still building my website but I'm not able to do a test purchase. Every time I select "Check Out" it says:

Something went wrong.

What happened?
Checkouts are disabled for your shop.: Checkouts are disabled for your shop.

But when I go into my setting, nothing shows that my checkout is disabled.. 

Accepted Solution (1)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 161

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @gbilsky!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Thank you for posting your question in the Shopify Community Forums! 

I understand you're trying to complete a test oder on your site, but are running into an error stating that the checkout is disabled. It sounds like you're probably still in the trial period for your account, and the checkout is disabled until a plan is selected. If you want to do some test orders, all you need to do is select a plan for your Shopify account. Once you select a plan you'll still get your remaining free trial time, and you will not be charged your initial subscription invoice until the day your trial ends. You'll then be able to test your checkout, and even launch your store and start making sales if you're ready! 

Our help center has some information on selecting a plan from the settings of your account, but you should also see a notice on your admin stating how much time is left in your trial, with a button to select a plan. 

Please reply back here to let me know if this helps, and happy testing! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 13 (13)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 161

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @gbilsky!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Thank you for posting your question in the Shopify Community Forums! 

I understand you're trying to complete a test oder on your site, but are running into an error stating that the checkout is disabled. It sounds like you're probably still in the trial period for your account, and the checkout is disabled until a plan is selected. If you want to do some test orders, all you need to do is select a plan for your Shopify account. Once you select a plan you'll still get your remaining free trial time, and you will not be charged your initial subscription invoice until the day your trial ends. You'll then be able to test your checkout, and even launch your store and start making sales if you're ready! 

Our help center has some information on selecting a plan from the settings of your account, but you should also see a notice on your admin stating how much time is left in your trial, with a button to select a plan. 

Please reply back here to let me know if this helps, and happy testing! 

gbilsky
Tourist
4 0 3

That makes more sense haha thank you!

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 161

My pleasure! I'm glad I could help clear that up. 

Feel free to reply back here if you run into any other questions while testing your checkout and getting ready to launch. I'll be happy to further provide assistance if needed. 

gbilsky
Tourist
4 0 3

Oh wonderful thank you! I'll keep that in mind!

Nunu2
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello shopify,

I'm trying to test my checkout and I was in "Pause and Building mode" for the last couple of months and I wanted to test payments using the "Bogus" payment process. I followed each step and it would always send me to a "Checkout System disabled: Merchant's trial period expired." I then selected a plan and it is still giving me the same error, so I'm note sure why. This is frustrating as I am trying to launch soon, and have had to spend a lot of time on this.

The other layer to this, is that my store is a subscription box so I have added an app that allows me to process subscriptions (in addition to the shopify store one-time purchase). Is there a way to test out the subscription workflow, so I can simulate what a customer's experience looks like and fix things before I launch?

Can someone please help me figure this out.

Thanks,
Nunu

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Hi, @Nunu2.

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I'm just helping my colleague out with some follow-ups.

The Pause and Build plan does not allow access to the checkout, which includes the Bogus gateway. In order to test payments or transactions, you must be on an active plan from our pricing page.

Furthermore, the subscription app you are using most likely has their own guide on how you can test out recurring checkout orders. You did not mention which app you are using, but for reference check out this guide on creating tests orders with bold subscriptions.

If you are using an app other than this, let me know and I'd be more than happy to do some extra research to find other guides for you. Alternatively, you can also connect with your App's Dev directly to learn more about testing subscriptions.

I look forward to your reply,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Super33323
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey there,

I'm having the same issues but I am on a current plan and my shipping and everything is all set up. My checkout doesn't work even when on a payed plan

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Hi, @Super33323.

Thank you so much for joining our thread and sharing your experience.

Are you able to provide me with a screenshot of the error that you see that prevents your checkout from working? Any other context you can provide would also be very helpful. 

Warm regards,

purvashakya
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @Olivia , I am facing the same issue for a development store. I was able to create and test orders. However whenever I try placing an order it says - Checkout is not enabled on the account.

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Hi, @purvashakya!

Thanks for connecting with us.

Testing orders on development stores is very different from other stores - in fact, we have created a manual  to walk you through each method available to you. 

When testing orders on development stores, there are some limitations such as:

• You cannot test real transactions
  • You cannot use draft orders for testing

The doc further describes how to test orders using the Shopify Admin REST API or GraphQL API for developers.

To process real transactions, please transfer the development store to a paid account.

I trust that will help, but let us know if you have other questions.

Warm regards,

hauteoc
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Ash

I've been using shop pay for quite some time however last week it just stopped working 

but on all my products , not sure why is there a qualification issue or maybe a glitch?

now it shows on all products that the option is not available - it was working fine before 

but it just stopped being available? Quick Remedies?

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 11.35.31 AM.png

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Thank you for joining our thread, @hauteoc.

I just wanted to check in to see if you were still experiencing this issue. Based on the screenshot alone, it appears that the particular order was not eligible for installments. The order must be between $50 USD to $17,500 USD to qualify which could be the reason you are experiencing this.

Can you clarify if this is still ongoing and within the price range mentioned above?

Warm regards,

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Hi again, @hauteoc!

I have not heard back from you and it has been some time since you posted so I wanted to follow up. Please let me know if this is an ongoing issue, and if you were able to resolve it what the issue was.

Warm regards,