Why is my location pin in the middle of the ocean?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I have my address placed in general settings correctly, but I noticed when I view "Watch Live" the page centres me over a location in the ocean off the African coast.  My location is in Mt. Mayon street, Mandaue City on the central island of Cebu, Philippines.  Any ideas on how to fix this or why it's happening?  Does it ultimately matter?  It's annoying but I can live with it as long as it doesnt cause issues in shipping or location searches by customers.

mt mayon street.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
507 28 71

Hi, @Siyokoy 

Elle here from Shopify!

This occurs when your address fails verification in Google maps. When this happens, Google will typically make the best guess as to where you are located.

Where your address cannot be verified, this will pose issues with shipping rates if you are using Carrier Calculated Rates (live rates pulled in by couriers). If you are using Manual Shipping Rates (Weight Based or Price Based) you will be fine! 

We have found that checking your address and zip code and verifying it with Google maps should resolve the issue for you! 

Hope this is helpful! If you have any other questions just let me know.

Cheers,

Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

So what happens when your address is verified by google and your still listed as in the middle of the ocean?

@Elle wrote:

Hi, @Siyokoy 

Elle here from Shopify!

This occurs when your address fails verification in Google maps. When this happens, Google will typically make the best guess as to where you are located.

Where your address cannot be verified, this will pose issues with shipping rates if you are using Carrier Calculated Rates (live rates pulled in by couriers). If you are using Manual Shipping Rates (Weight Based or Price Based) you will be fine! 

We have found that checking your address and zip code and verifying it with Google maps should resolve the issue for you! 

Cheers,

Elle

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
507 28 71

Hi, @Siyokoy 

I will reach out to you directly so our team can have a look at your store to determine why this is happening. 

Keep an eye on your email!

Cheers,
Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Elle, I'd love some help getting our map pin straightened out as well. Possible?

Many thanks,

Chuck

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Same here. Location is correct and verified, but Live view is still showing our shop in the middle of the Atlanic ocean.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Same here, how can I fix my live location?

@Siyokoy wrote:

So what happens when your address is verified by google and your still listed as in the middle of the ocean?

@Elle wrote:

Hi, @Siyokoy 

Elle here from Shopify!

Cheers,

Elle

@Siyokoy wrote:

@Elle wrote:

Hi, @Siyokoy 

Elle here from Shopify!

Cheers,

Elle

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Hi

Same problem, pin shown just of the cost of Africa..

@Pimpshots wrote:

@Siyokoy wrote:

@Elle wrote:

Hi, @Siyokoy 

Elle here from Shopify!

Cheers,

Elle

@Siyokoy wrote:

@Elle wrote:

Hi, @Siyokoy 

Elle here from Shopify!

Cheers,

Elle

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

so. not fixed it then?

@CharmingTrendy wrote:

Hi

Same problem, pin shown just of the cost of Africa..

@Pimpshots wrote:

@Siyokoy wrote:

@Elle wrote:

Hi, @Siyokoy 

Elle here from Shopify!

Cheers,

Elle

@Siyokoy wrote:

@Elle wrote:

Hi, @Siyokoy 

Elle here from Shopify!

Cheers,

Elle

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I am also having the same issue & my location was verified & selected from the drop down menu "powered by Google" so how do I fix the pin being off the coast of Africa?

0 Likes