Why is my payments placed on hold and my store being under review

Wavyboy
1 0 0

I’m getting new orders left and right. Last week my I was able to put 2 orders in for my customers. Then on January 29th I had to refund people back their money. My store been under review since the 29th. And I don’t know why. I didn’t do anything wrong or anything. I even submitted a ticket about this but I didn’t get a response back. How long will this take and what do I need to do to fix this issue. Also how do I get in contact with someone from Shopify. I been sending emails and haven’t gotten no responses at all. 

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1697 180 498

Hey there, @Wavyboy 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a great question. When Shopify Payments are put on hold it is generally due to the account being put up for review. Sometimes we just need to verify your identity through a quick ID check for our banking partners, sometimes it's a result of risky orders being processed, and other times it's a terms of service violation. There are a host of reasons that your payments have been put on hold but generally speaking, it is the first - your account is up for review. The best way to get this resolved as quickly as possible is to reach out to Shopify Support directly. 

To reach out to our support team please do visit the Help CentreWhen on the Help Centre page, you should see Support > Contact Support in the main menu or there's a Contact Shopify Support button near the end of the page. The Help Centre will try and suggest guides first to resolve your query, however, if none of these suit your needs then please keep clicking the Contact Shopify Support button at the end of the page instead. You will be then able to start a live chat or send an email via contact form to our support team.

In some cases, Chrome extensions and cache can interfere with the Help Centre's login/authentication process and you might experience a "loop" when trying to contact our support. If this happens, I'd recommend clearing your cache or tlog out of your Help Centre account and access our support as a guest instead as shown in this short video. Our advisors can authenticate the account later if needed or our Facebook and Twitter support would be happy to help instead. You are welcome to contact us here on Twitter or here on Facebook.

I will be reaching out to you directly via email to authenticate you as the owner of the account and get this looked at for you. I will need you to respond to my email directly with the information requested so that I can do so. 

Speak Soon,

Bo 

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes