Why is this scammer still online?

Tourist
6 0 4

Hey hughjazscheens, my friend!

Awesome post. You nailed it. Yes indeed, retsho.com, robyfy.com, and a few other such copycat scam websites on Shopify.com are gone (for the moment) thank goodness. Also, searching for SSD (as I was doing) in google.com no longer brings up an advertisement link to any of the retsho/robyfy gang. I hope that means Google removed the gang's fraudulent ad campaigns. Let's also hope Apple Pay, VISA, and other electronic payment methods have dumped the retsho/robyfy gang as well.

Vince

2 Likes
1 0 0

So several of you did your due diligence and I did not. Definitely smacked my face on the concrete this time. My question is, having made a purchase with Damilsha just prior to the shop being made unavailable, do I have any course of action for getting my money back? Or am I just S.O.L.? The shop isn't responding to email and as has been stated earlier their number is disconnected. 

0 Likes
Excursionist
19 0 8

Max,

Why does it take so long for Shopify to remove fake stores?  Kenaishop.com is another scammer that I have repeatedly complained about, and I'm not the only one complaining about this website.  I have pointed out numerous inconsistencies in their website such as; fake emails, numerous addresses inside and outside of the US, numerous owners listed, PayPal listed as payment, but not available, phone support listed - but no phone listed...

I'm on a one-man crusade to boycott stores on the Shopify platform.  That'll teach ya.  Hehehe.

Shut them down, please.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 4
I learned how to report the scammer’s ad campaign to Google. Within days
Retsho.com and numerous related sites were gone. I also learned how to
report their use of Apple Pay to cutoff their fraudulent use of such
things.
1 Like
Tourist
9 0 4
Would you mind explaining that a bit more??? I’m currently dealing with the same thing. And they keep cloning their shop. Why does it take DAYS for Shopify to delete the listings after I report them? I’m astonished.
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 4

@Wolfgang83 wrote:
Would you mind explaining that a bit more??? I’m currently dealing with the same thing. And they keep cloning their shop. Why does it take DAYS for Shopify to delete the listings after I report them? I’m astonished.

Would I mind explaining how "I learned how to report the scammer’s ad campaign to Google?" I don't recall exactly but you might try going to support.google.com and searching for "How to report an ad"

This might help

https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/7660847?hl=en-AU

0 Likes
1 0 0
Try contacting the product manufacturer. Let them know someone is scamming on their products and let them start contacting shopify to get the scammers shut down.
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 4

@Alandeman wrote:
Try contacting the product manufacturer. Let them know someone is scamming on their products and let them start contacting shopify to get the scammers shut down.

Have you had success with that approach?

0 Likes