Why still SSL Unavailable for primary domain?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi, 

I followed the steps about records setting in my hosting and waited 2 days but I keep having SSL Unavailable in my primary domain? Do I have to delete my AAAA record?

Here's my shop:

http://vithithihandmade.com/

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
748 42 134

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @VithithiHandmad !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you.

I have taken a look and your domain does appear to show an SSL certificate. Had you recently deleted this AAAA record?

20-24-ozaz1-hwnsi

However for community members who may also read this post,  having an IPv6 AAAA record may indeed prevent your SSL certificate from being added to your domain.

When pointing your domain to Shopify, it should include:

•  An A Record that points to: 23.227.38.32 (for your Root domain without prefix e.g 'www')
  • A CNAME that points to: shops.shopify.com (for your Sub domain with prefix e.g 'www')

Once you have ensured that it is set up as above, with no AAAA record, then your SSL certificate should push through. If you notice no change, do let me know and I can issue this for you manually.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2
Hi Katy, actually yes, I managed to delete AAAA record not long after my
post. Happy everything is working now.
Thanks for answering and for your explanation, everything is clearer now!
Cheers,
Max

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Katy,

I've the same issue with the site and headdomain ellekeskeuken.nl. I deleted the AAAA record yesterday, but there is no SSL yet.

Can you please take a look at it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
748 42 134

Hi, @JoostJ !

Thank for joining in here. I have taken a look and noticed that your CNAME is pointing to your store name instead of shops.shopify.com. At present our system will look for shops.shopify.com.

25-30-n4ygq-r4ml3

Could you adjust this, and let me know when you have done so? I have sent you an email - if you could reply to this once updated, I can then manually issue your SSL.

Cheers,
Katy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hey @Katy,

I've deleted the AAAA  and TXT records for my shop. Unfortunately there's no change and the domain does not appear to have an SSL record.

I have an A-record pointing to 23.227.38.65 and a CNAME pointing to shops.shopify.com.

Would you mind looking into this for me? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
748 42 134

Hi, @OrangeTomato !

Thanks so much for joining in here, and for also providing a link to your store - this is very helpful.

The details which your domain should be pointing to are:

• Your root domain should have an A Record which points to:  23.227.38.32
  • Your subdomain should have a CNAME which points to shops.shopify.com

Had you made this change? I have taken a look and the SSL does appear to have been applied here:

28-07-5xkrg-oi2r3

Is it now showing for you? You may need to clear your browser cache

Once the records have been updated correctly, it can take some time (up to 24 hours for the SSL to be applied). If it has not applied within this time or if you have not made the above changes, it's best to touch base with our team directly.

Do let me know how things are looking for you, or if you need further help. I am happy to look into this with you via email if needed. 

Cheers,
Katy

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Katy,

Are you able to help me please?

I have a shopify store which I have had for over 1 year and has been running fine. However, recently customers cannot access it as it comes up with a privacy alert. One customer managed to get past this but could not check out. I have looked into everything and found in my store admin that it says SSL unavailable. I have read through Shopify instructions on rectifying this but it has not corrected itself. I cannot find a place where I can live chat or phone shopify for help. Feeling very frustrated. Are you able to please help me get my website back up and running? I hope the photos below help. Thank you, Jayne.

third party domainthird party domainWeb landing page errorWeb landing page error

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
748 42 134

Hi, @JayneD!

Thanks so much for joining here and I am sorry to hear about your situation.

It sounds like the SSL or security certificate has/had not been provisioned.

When accessing your site, I don't quite see the same message as your customers, but I do notice that there is no SSL, as you mention.

04-47-m1qyh-aahir

Based on the error message that your customers' are seeing, this means that when visiting a page that is not SSL secured but still using HTTPS (instead of HTTP) in the URL, most browsers will view this as a security issue.

Either way, it is far from ideal - and something that we will need to fix up!

Thank you for proving a screenshot of your DNS settings - this is very helpful. I have done some further digging on this, and it appears that you have an AAAA record added. This will affect the provisioning of the SSL certificate, and cause its application to fail.

04-55-miny5-yreb1

Would you be able to log in to your domain's DNS settings to remove this extra record?

While you are there, I do also suggest to change your A Record to point to our updated IP address: 23.227.38.65. This had been changed automatically for all Shopify Purchased domains but would need to be applied manually for third-party domains. 23.227.38.32 will still work, but 23.227.38.65 is preferable. We have some more info on this here.

I have also sent you an email - once you have switched your settings, do reply to me so that I can then reissue the SSL for your domain.

I am sorry to hear that you have found it difficult in contacting our team. Let me get you the info to help with this moving forward:

Of course, you are always welcome to chat via our forum Community too.

Cheers, 

Katy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1
could you help me I linked my domain to my shopify store several days ago, but it remains on ssl pending? I have set everything up correctly at my domain to refer to your dns. can you help me with this?

Greetings Marcel
0 Likes