Why still SSL Unavailable for primary domain?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi, 

I followed the steps about records setting in my hosting and waited 2 days but I keep having SSL Unavailable in my primary domain? Do I have to delete my AAAA record?

Here's my shop:

http://vithithihandmade.com/

Thanks

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
552 31 66

Hey @erarosso !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you.

I have taken a look and your domain does appear to show an SSL certificate. Had you recently deleted this AAAA record?

20-24-ozaz1-hwnsi

However for community members who may also read this post,  having an IPv6 AAAA record may indeed prevent your SSL certificate from being added to your domain.

When pointing your domain to Shopify, it should include:

•  An A Record that points to: 23.227.38.32 (for your Root domain without prefix e.g 'www')
  • A CNAME that points to: shops.shopify.com (for your Sub domain with prefix e.g 'www')

Once you have ensured that it is set up as above, with no AAAA record, then your SSL certificate should push through. If you notice no change, do let me know and I can issue this for you manually.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 2
Hi Katy, actually yes, I managed to delete AAAA record not long after my
post. Happy everything is working now.
Thanks for answering and for your explanation, everything is clearer now!
Cheers,
Max

1 Like
1 0 0

Hi Katy,

I've the same issue with the site and headdomain ellekeskeuken.nl. I deleted the AAAA record yesterday, but there is no SSL yet.

Can you please take a look at it?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
552 31 66

Hi, @JoostJ !

Thank for joining in here. I have taken a look and noticed that your CNAME is pointing to your store name instead of shops.shopify.com. At present our system will look for shops.shopify.com.

25-30-n4ygq-r4ml3

Could you adjust this, and let me know when you have done so? I have sent you an email - if you could reply to this once updated, I can then manually issue your SSL.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes