Why when i checkout it shows Credit Card instead of Debit Card?

Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

Hi all - I`m trying to figure out why when I go to check out, instead of saying DEBIT CARD and then the card detail inputs, it says CREDIT CARD? I think this scares the customer and he leaves at checkout straight away... I have 10 checkouts dayli...and 0-1 sale...I cannot explain what it is going on...

So my question would be, can I change from Credit Card to a Debit card? 

Thanks,
Norbert

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
369 39 77

Hello @NorbertDev 

Go to your Theme Actions menu and select 'Edit Language'.

Then search for the credit card label field and change it to what you would like it to say:

BobsMojo_0-1605037711019.png

Yours may look slightly different from what's pictured above, as each theme is slightly different.

However, I must say that I don't believe customers are scared off by the field being labeled as 'Credit Card.' It's pretty universally understood that its just a generic label for any field where you would input either a debit or credit card.

Everyone has abandoned checkouts, and the reasons can vary widely - just a few examples are:

• Impulse buyer that hesitated and then changed mind
  • Price shoppers that check competitor sites before finishing checkout and find a cheaper option
  • Change their mind when they see the final cost with shipping

If you're not sure why your customers are abandoning checkout, find a way to follow up with them. For starters, you could use your abandoned checkout email to survey your customers about why they left (perhaps offer a discount if they answer the survey and then complete their purchase).

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

Thanks @BobsMojo, for your brilliant response & explanation! It all makes sense

Norbert

0 Likes