Solved

Why is my product not visible on Shopify?

TLB1
Excursionist
15 0 2

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to this and I'd love a little help.

I got all my products to show up whenever you select it from the menu bar on the home page except one and I can't figure out why it's not showing up.

Whenever I click on it it shows the product description but not the picture.It says "There are no products in this collection" but there actually is a product there. Please help!

Accepted Solution (1)
Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @TLB1 

I figured out the cause of it. When you go to that body care collection you'll notice the URL is structured collections/body/body-scrub+body-care+body-products

/collections is the universal Shopify format for a collection page

/body is the name of the collection that you have created

/body-scrub+body-care+body-products is an (optional) filter collection tag. These are not required and are only used to filter out to display certain products within a collection.

For example, let's say you had a T-Shirt collection that has 200 different T-Shirt styles and colors. But you want to create a navigation item at the top of your store so that customers can view all of the T-Shirts that are purple. If you've added product tags (purple) to all of your purple T-Shirts if you set the collection filter to Purple. It will now only show all of the purple T-Shirts despite linking to the T-Shirt collection.

In your case, you have a collection filter 'body-scrub+body-care+body-products' that doesn't match up with your body scrub. This is why you don't see the product in your collection. By going into your Admin > Online Store > Navigation > and editing the main menu item for 'Body', you can remove that collection filter tag.

I hope this helps. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 12 (12)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @TLB1 

I'd be happy to look into this for you. In order to do so, could you provide me with a link to the product where its image in not showing?

TLB1
Excursionist
15 0 2
TLB1
Excursionist
15 0 2

Hi @Dirk , Have you gotten a chance to take a look yet at my store to see what might be the problem and if you could help me to resolve it?

Thank you

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @TLB1 

I attempted to view the product page but you currently have a password enabled on your store preventing access to the product page. Can you provide me with the password or disable the password page temporarily?

TLB1
Excursionist
15 0 2

Hi @Dirk , I'm sorry about that here is the password for the store "cowste". 

Thank you

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

@TLB1 For whatever reason your password page does not have a section to enter the password for access. Would you be able to temporarily disable the password page for access?

TLB1
Excursionist
15 0 2

Sure @Dirk  I'll do that right now

TLB1
Excursionist
15 0 2

@Dirk it is now disabled 

TLB1
Excursionist
15 0 2

Hi @Dirk , did you get a chance to look at the website? I disabled the password since yesterday and I'll be re-enabling the password this morning.

Please let me know

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @TLB1 

I figured out the cause of it. When you go to that body care collection you'll notice the URL is structured collections/body/body-scrub+body-care+body-products

/collections is the universal Shopify format for a collection page

/body is the name of the collection that you have created

/body-scrub+body-care+body-products is an (optional) filter collection tag. These are not required and are only used to filter out to display certain products within a collection.

For example, let's say you had a T-Shirt collection that has 200 different T-Shirt styles and colors. But you want to create a navigation item at the top of your store so that customers can view all of the T-Shirts that are purple. If you've added product tags (purple) to all of your purple T-Shirts if you set the collection filter to Purple. It will now only show all of the purple T-Shirts despite linking to the T-Shirt collection.

In your case, you have a collection filter 'body-scrub+body-care+body-products' that doesn't match up with your body scrub. This is why you don't see the product in your collection. By going into your Admin > Online Store > Navigation > and editing the main menu item for 'Body', you can remove that collection filter tag.

I hope this helps. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

TLB1
Excursionist
15 0 2

Omg it worked, Thank you so much. I would never had figured that out without your help. Thank you @Dirk 

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Anytime, @TLB1! Happy to help.