Solved

Will we ever get the feature to merge customers?

LittlesLab
Visitor
2 0 4

Hey there.

I'm wondering why there still hasn't been a change in the platform to give merchants the ability to merge customers. I've gone and searched through numerous threads that are now more than 3+ years old with hundreds of comments from merchants asking to have the ability added. Shopify created a facebook group recently to get more opinions on all things Shopify, and in the few weeks it's been open, numerous threads asking for the ability have also been created. In every thread in the discussion boards, a Shopify staff member simply comes on and says they'll submit a ticket. I'm starting to feel like Shopify isn't listening to its merchants. Not having this feature is incredibly annoying and messed with a lot of our rewards systems. Please add this feature soon, or I will have to start looking at other platforms, as my customer base is increasing a lot and I don't have the time to constantly go through and find duplicates for rewards. Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

HamzaS
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4 4 5

This is an accepted solution.

You can now merge customer profiles. Thanks to your advocacy and feedback - you can merge customer profiles to ensure you have the most accurate view of your customers.

Identify duplicated customer profiles with the same name, phone number, email address, or another overlapping attribute then merge customers to make sure you maintain quality customer data.

To merge customer profiles:

1. Search for a duplicate customer in the Customers page of your Shopify admin
  2. Click on the customer’s name and review their customer profile data to identify what data needs to be kept or removed. 
  3. Click into one of the duplicate profiles 
  4. On the bottom right of the profile you will see a heading called, Customer Data
  5. Click the button in that section that says Merge customer
  6. Search for the customer profile you intend to merge. 
  7. Complete the merge steps. 

Keep in mind, not every customer profile can be merged. There are some limitations for merging profiles that you can review in the Shopify Help Center.

We know this has taken time, and we appreciate your patience. We are excited to be launching this improvement for you today and look forward to hearing your feedback so we can keep improving your experience maintaining customer data in Shopify.

Hamza | Privacy @ Shopify

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Steven_Holowien
Excursionist
11 0 19

Finding duplicates takes a lot of work to properly manage our Reward Program.

This needs to be fixed ASAP!

HamzaS
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4 4 5

This is an accepted solution.

You can now merge customer profiles. Thanks to your advocacy and feedback - you can merge customer profiles to ensure you have the most accurate view of your customers.

Identify duplicated customer profiles with the same name, phone number, email address, or another overlapping attribute then merge customers to make sure you maintain quality customer data.

To merge customer profiles:

1. Search for a duplicate customer in the Customers page of your Shopify admin
  2. Click on the customer’s name and review their customer profile data to identify what data needs to be kept or removed. 
  3. Click into one of the duplicate profiles 
  4. On the bottom right of the profile you will see a heading called, Customer Data
  5. Click the button in that section that says Merge customer
  6. Search for the customer profile you intend to merge. 
  7. Complete the merge steps. 

Keep in mind, not every customer profile can be merged. There are some limitations for merging profiles that you can review in the Shopify Help Center.

We know this has taken time, and we appreciate your patience. We are excited to be launching this improvement for you today and look forward to hearing your feedback so we can keep improving your experience maintaining customer data in Shopify.

Hamza | Privacy @ Shopify
Shopify
Shopify Staff
184 4 206

To help ensure feedback on the new Merge customers feature isn't missed we've created a single feedback topic, and locked this particular topic.

If you have any feedback to share please post a detailed message in this topic: Merge Customers - Feedback And Questions

Thanks!

Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog