Wordpress Theme for Shopify Lite

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello everyone.  I'm brand new to this site, and ecommerce in general. I've done a ton of reading but I'm still super green and would very much appreciate any help or insight you all might have to offer.

I'm trying to set up a website for my wife's fledgling business. We have a very small budget and so are quite limited in our options for up-front purchasing.  I purchased the domain and hosting some months back on bluehost and am just now getting going to on building her site. After doing a lot of reading I decided I wanted to start her off using shopify lite, because the monthly commitment is manageable until we are able to start making some significant sales. To that end, I want to confirm a couple things:

Shopify Lite is purely a plugin that is for creating the buy button on a self-hosted site, correct?  

Assuming the above is true, my biggest difficulty right now is that I cannot seem to find a good wordpress theme that is not built around woocommerce.  

My ultimate goal is to start small with the shopify lite option, and then as sales hopefully pick up, to migrate to a proper shopify online store.  So obviously if a good ecommerce theme is out there that can be had for free ( ideal ) and does not depend on woocommerce to function, I'd love to know about it.  I am also open to paid themes as long as it'll work well with shopify lite.

To give you an idea of scale here, I expect my wife to have approximately 20 items with 2 variations on each item. So each store item would require a dropdown to pick either the (A) or (B) variant... 

The theme that I was hoping to use (but it seems to be crippled without woocommerce) is Kadence Themes " Virtue " 

I need something along those lines.

By the way... I am open to other platforms besides wordpress if they will integrate with shopify lite. I just have zero idea what those would be!

Thanks for your time!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 0 17

Hey Robert! 

Dave here from  the Guru Team :)  

It's great that you're joining Shopify! While I can't give recommendation on themes etc. outside the platform there's just one or two things I can help with here with us. 

With regards to the Lite Plan - this essentially gives you the "Shopify Basic" Plan just without the Online Store. So if looking to sell without the online store this is a great option. Along with the ability to use the Buy Button you will also be able to open a Facebook Store along with selling on Pinterest, POS etc. So you have lots of options on top of the Buy Button to help drum up sales for your wifes store. You'll find more information on available sales channels here.

I hope this helps! 

All the Best, 
Dave | Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
21 0 0

I found a blog that will be very helpful to you. 

Are you looking for what are the best WordPress themes for your startups?
Having a responsive theme that works and looks great is inevitable for growing your business across the Internet. It gives a website a stunning look and touch without needing to write a single line of code.
Yes. It is true.
Don’t fret – Believe me.
I’m going to show you the best, free and first-rate WordPress themes for your startup business. Just pick any one of them and your client will fall in love with you.

How Can I Find a WordPress Theme for My Startup Business?
It is simple but NOT easy to choose the right WordPress theme for your startup company. Choosing a responsive, modern yet effective theme is way much better than changing your theme every time.
Don’t waste your time and try these practical tips when you’re about to select your website theme:
Consider Your Niche/Industry: Make sure that the theme you’re going to pick works in your industry, If you’re a blogger, look for a theme which displays content. If you’re running an online store, look for an eCommerce theme that could display your products clearly.
Make Sure your Theme Represents your Brand: Do you want a bold look to display your creative side but distracts visitors? Or do you want a straightforward and simplistic website with a guarantee of easy navigation? Therefore, make sure your theme represents your brand.
Responsiveness is Indispensable: Responsive is the currency of keeping your visitors hooked on your website when they’re using their smartphones. So pay as much attention to responsive themes as possible and you’ll get your business from nowhere to everywhere.
SEO is all about Visibility: Ensure that your themes are SEO-Optimized. Because SEO makes you visible and Visibility is Salability.
Browser Compatibility: Make sure your theme looks good on all browsers, not just on that one which you prefer. Test demos on browsers i.e. Google Chrome, Bing, etc.
Test Plugin Integration: Ensure your theme supports all important plugins i.e WooCommerce plugins, YoastSEO.
What is your type?: You’re ready, steady and go with your website, but wait, shouldn’t you still work on it? Relax, check out the best WordPress themes and plugins. Maybe, you get a better one. Look for a permanent solution, neither short-lived quick fixes.
So now that you know how to go about choosing a theme for your WordPress site let’s take a look at the best options.
Right now, you’ve come to know what key things should be considered before choosing a theme for your WordPress site.
Let’s take a look at the easily available best option.
0 Likes