Wordpress blog as subfolder

Highlighted
1 0 0

For aesthetic and ease-of-use purposes, I'd like to use WordPress as my blogging platform.

For SEO purposes, I'd like the blog to reside in a subdirectory (eg myshop.com/blog)

I'd also like the Shopify store to be able to display snippets from the blog on myshop.com

If I use the integrate wordpress tool, it looks like I can get all of the above except display the blog using Wordpress theme (ie, the blog gets "pulled into" the Shopify theme/aesthetics)

Is there any way to get the Wordpress theme as well?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4175 29 400

You cannot use WordPress inside Shopify. 

www.myshop.com/blog <=== Cannot be WordPress if www.myshop.com is Shopify.

blog.myshop.com <==== CAN BE WORDPRESS

You can Theme Shopify to look like your WordPress blog.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

does anyone know how to do this with a domain name hosted at godaddy?

I'd like to setup blog.myshop.com, but I don't want to screw up myshop.com and everything that is going for it right now.

anyone have a guide to setting up wordpress to blog.myshop.com on godaddy?

thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

@HunkyBill I am new to Shopify, Can you please explain me, why we can not install wordpress in the subfolder like www.myshop.com/blog? I want to create only blog page in WordPress and e-commerce in Shopify. Thanks is advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
47 0 1

Hello Stanzer,

Please check out my StoryBook ‑ WP Blog Connector app here: https://apps.shopify.com/storybook-wp-blog-connector

The app acts as a proxy, it connects your WordPress blog with your Shopify store. All WordPress posts/categories/tags and such are instantly available within your store.

You will find most of the WordPress features available, more we implement server-side caching under the hood, there is a good chance that your Shopify blog is way faster than your original WordPress blog.

Best,
Ionel

0 Likes