Worldpay Direct

VapeCookie
4 0 0

I recently signed up to Worldpay Direct as I was told this integrates with Shopify. 

I have just been told that Shopify has not updated thir systems to actually work with Worldpay Direct yet. Is anyone else having this issue?

I am UK based

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
894 78 219

Hi @VapeCookie,

Thanks for getting in touch. WorldPay is an available gateway for merchants in the UK and can be used to process payments on your store. Have you tried to activate the gateway with your WorldPay account in Settings > Payment providers? Are you looking to accept payments via this gateway online or in person?

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
VapeCookie
4 0 0

Hi Victor,

I signed up to Worldpay Direct and when linking this with Shopify I had a notification (See attached) saying it does not support 3D Secure payments. I spoke to Worldpay and apparenrtlty shopify had not set up correctly with them. 

It states here that shopify and Worldpay Direct work together in the UK but from what I can see it does not at all:

https://www.shopify.co.uk/payment-gateways/united-kingdom/worldpay-direct#:~:text=Avoid%20redirects%....

Im trying to understand if Shopify and Worldpay Direct do actually work together or not because from what i can see they do not work at all....

Screenshot 2021-04-20 at 10.32.54.png

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
894 78 219

Hi @VapeCookie,

Okay, I see. WorldPay Direct does integrate with Shopify and you can accept payments using the gateway, but you will not be able to use 3D Secure and therefore will not be PSD2 compliant if you use their gateway to process payments via the Shopify checkout. You can read more about PSD2 on Shopify here.

Another option would be to use the WorldPay (Offsite) gateway, and asking WorldPay about if they can process payments using 3D Secure this way. 

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes