Would you like to contribute? Tell us your story

Excursionist
56 0 9

We all know how difficult (and important) it is to get that first sale. I'm sure you remember the struggle of getting past those initial couple of sales.

A lot of Shopify merchants are going through the same every day and to address that, we are writing a guide on ‘How to convert your first 10 sales’ (tentative title). A part of our research, we would love to know how you, as a store owner, went from $0 to $100 in your first few days/weeks/months.

Tell us that one thing that any new store owner should do to get those initial couple of sales. And how many days did it actually take you to make that first sale? Comment your answer below along with your store name and we will feature it on our blog. You may also get in touch with me if you wish to remain anonymous.

pravya@datability.co
1 Like
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
434 0 77

Hi, Pravya!

My name is Jade, I am with the Social Care Team at Shopify.

You might be interested in reaching out to some of the businesses on our Success Stories site to ask about their journey from $0 - $100.

Make sure to add your article to this forum post! I would love to read it and see everyone's comments! 

Sincerely,

Jade | Social Care ?

0 Likes
Excursionist
56 0 9

Hey Jade, 

Thanks for the wonderful suggestion! Will definitely reach out to them. :)

pravya@datability.co
0 Likes
Excursionist
50 0 6

Hi Pravya, I may not be from a "Success Story store" but like many merchants on here, I can share a tip or two. The biggest thing is support from friends and family. You'd be surprised how much support you can gain from them. I spent a few months telling friends and family members about our idea and upcoming launch. On the day of the launch I was very nervous and hesitant because I didnt feel the store was up to par. But shortly after going live we got 4 order within minutes....all friends, friends who i didnt even reach out to but Facebook did help to spread word. Don't underestimate your friends...you'd be surprised to know how many of them want you to succeed.

Elevate The Status Quo
0 Likes
8 0 0

Hey Pravya Pravin, As a new store, people don't know about your store.So you should run some advertisement campaign for your store so that people know about this.Google and FB Ads are great.

0 Likes
Excursionist
56 0 9

Hi Ocean Boulevard,

I completely agree with your point that the close circle helps make the initial sales. Thank you for sharing this, definitely going to the article. It would also be great if you could email me your name and headshot as well.

pravya@datability.co
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
56 0 9

Hi Toby,

Valid point. Building awareness is really important. Could you email me the name of our store (the URL as well if it is live) and your headshot? 

pravya@datability.co
0 Likes
Excursionist
56 0 9

Hey Jade, 

The article on 'Tactics To Make Users Convert On Your New Store' is published. Here is the link. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for all the help! :)

pravya@datability.co
0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
434 0 77

Hi, Pravya!

I love your article! It's really informative and I learned new things that I never considered before like contacting micro-influencers on Instagram and doing post-purchase engagement after your customers have purchased from your store. My team and I have a reading club where we recommend articles to each other (there's always new things to learn at Shopify) and I will add your article to it as well. It's also a great article to share with other merchants who are looking for feedback on their stores.

Thank you for sharing!

Jade | Social Care

1 Like
Excursionist
56 0 9

Thanks Jade! Means a lot :)

pravya@datability.co
0 Likes