Solved

Wrong bank info

Envymefashionn
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello, my name is Micah and I’m having trouble with my payouts. 
I’m trying to change my bank account information because my payments is saying failed. I believe when setting up the account. I entered the wrong information. But when I try to change the information. It won’t let me because I need the old account info. But i don’t know the error I entered. 

please help me! 

Accepted Solutions (2)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, there.

Dallas here from the Shopify Social Care Team.

Ah yes, that is very important, but no need to worry I certainly can help you out with this. Since you're not sure where the error is we are going to need to send this up to my account integrity team so that they can take a closer look and help you change that sensitive information. As general support, I don't have access to any banking information.

In order to send this to them, we are going to need to verify your account which will have to be done over email. I have gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated with this Shopify Community account. All of the steps for verification are in there for you.

If you don't see that email in your spam or your inbox please let me know. I completely understand the stress of not receiving your money so I want to see what I can do to help you out as soon as possible.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hello Community Members!

Helen here from Shopify Support stepping in for Dallas. I understand how frustrating it can be when you’re not able to change your banking information, so I’m here to guide you towards resolving it. 

As Dallas mentioned earlier in this thread, changing this sensitive information on your account requires assistance from the Account Integrity department, and so a Support Advisor will need to escalate the change request on your behalf. The quickest way to initiate the escalcation is to reach out to Support via callback (if there’s a spot available), or through live chat on the contact page here

Please note that the flow of contacting support has changed slightly when choosing the live chat option. Once you’ve entered your store details, you will be redirected to a search page. Please enter a topic into the search bar, and scroll to the bottom of the documents provided where you’ll find a green ‘Continue’ button to proceed with connecting to a Support Advisor. It looks like this:

20-10-b1yot-xzoti

Prior to reaching out to Support, we kindly request that you please double check your banking information to ensure that you are attempting to enter the correct account number. You can find your banking information to confirm it, one of the following ways:

• On the bottom of a blank cheque
  • Through your online banking account, or
  • By contacting your bank directly

We look forward to helping each of you resolve this as quickly as possible. Thank you for your cooperation!

View solution in original post

Replies 85 (85)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Hey, there.

Dallas here from the Shopify Social Care Team.

Ah yes, that is very important, but no need to worry I certainly can help you out with this. Since you're not sure where the error is we are going to need to send this up to my account integrity team so that they can take a closer look and help you change that sensitive information. As general support, I don't have access to any banking information.

In order to send this to them, we are going to need to verify your account which will have to be done over email. I have gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated with this Shopify Community account. All of the steps for verification are in there for you.

If you don't see that email in your spam or your inbox please let me know. I completely understand the stress of not receiving your money so I want to see what I can do to help you out as soon as possible.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Envymefashionn
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you. Only email I received was one with a ticket number. Is that the email I respond to ? 

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Yes, that is the email that you want to reply to. I see your email reply so I will reply to you there so we can continue this conversation. 

Mapoole_93
4 0 0

High I am experiencing trouble with my payouts account. I need immediate assistance with this issue, what should I do?

Theparvenu
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, my name is Chariel and I’m having trouble with my payouts just like Micah. 
I’m trying to change my bank account information because my payments is saying failed. I believe when setting up the account. I entered the wrong information. But when I try to change the information. It won’t let me because I need the old account info. But i don’t know the error I entered. 

please help me! 

Envymefashionn
Tourist
5 0 1

I didn’t receive an email. 

ShopAlexlynn
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello. I think that I am having the same issue. I can't change my bank account information so I must have entered the wrong information the first time. My account is verified. Can someone help me change my information?

almak
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there! I also have the same problem! It's saying that my bank informations are wrong.. and when i want to change to new one i still need to enter the correct old acount numbers. Also have no ide where the error is. Can you please help me with it? Thank you!

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

@ShopAlexlynn & @almak 

I have done the same for you as well and have sent you both emails. If you can take a lookout for those and follow the steps in that email I will be able to help you out even further.  

If you don't see the email in your inbox or your spam folder please let me know. 

rosegolden
7 0 0

hello i have put the wrong bank info in my shopify store and it wont allow me to change can you help me?

Katierusso
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello @Dallas I am having the same issue

Newsosolutions
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi @Dallas I am having the same issue as Micah. Please help me. Thank you

Cjlightning
5 0 0

Hello Dallas,

I am having the same trouble ( wrong bank details entered and cannot updateaupdate) those above. Would really appreciate if you could help me out as well.

Thanks.

justbean
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello! I am having the same exact issue!

Boxofpleasure
Visitor
1 0 0

hello, 

I’m having the same issue. May I get assistance as well please? 

Zkyser
Tourist
3 0 1

I’m having the same issues. I can’t change the update my new bank info because I’m not sure which one is the first one. My payout from this morning failed, if you could help that'll be great.

Lovesick1
Tourist
6 1 1

I messaged Shopify on Facebook messenger, they responded right away. Took me a week to figure that out. lol Super easy form there if you have have your Shopify linked to the Facebook shop.

saintjoseph0212
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, I also have the same problem. Can you help me as well please?

BlackSunKing
10 0 0

Hey I have the same problem, I can't change my banking info and I wanted to know if you guys can help me and respond to this message 

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

We can definitely help you out with this. I have gone ahead and sent you an email to the account associated with this forum account. The next steps that we are going to need to do are listed in there. 

BlackSunKing
10 0 0

I Completed the steps and sent it through the email 

BlackSunKing
10 0 0

Hey @Dallas  I wanted to know how long it will take to receive a message from the account integrity team?

rosegolden
7 0 0

HI @Dallas , will I be getting help with my account soon? Also, by me not being able to use my account due to shopify communities extreme wait times, is there some sort of incentive for people who pay for an account that is nonfunctional under these circumstances?

At no point in this message do i believe Shopify team is at fault. I am aware that things may be different working during these times and i wanna insure you that i understand. 

Thank You

bookandpaper
Tourist
4 0 0

Hello, I am having the same problem. Can you please send an email to contact@bookandpaper.com.au

thank you

Theparvenu
Visitor
2 0 0

Can I have this email sent to me im in the same boat?

chisorichan
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello! I am having the same issue that this person did, and am not able to change my bank info due to an error.

May I also please receive an email with some help?

EDIT: Solved, thanks

Newsosolutions
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello, I am having the same issue that this person did, and am not able to change my bank info due to an error.

May I also please receive an email with some help? 
 Newsosolutions@yahoo.com

please help me

bookandpaper
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi there, how did you get this solved? I have had no response. Thanks!

Danielg1406
Visitor
3 0 0

Hey Dallas I hope your having a great day I also have made the same mistake of inputting the wrong bank information and now I cannot get my payouts I really wanna continue using Shopify but if I can’t get this fixed I can’t keep using this if you can help me solve this it would be lovely please and thanks 🙂 

AllMotionTeam
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi I'm having this same problem, can you send me the verification email to verify the bank account? Also is it possible to have all payouts go to to the linked paypal account? 

Marketing_Team4
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi @Dallas,

Our old bank account number on Shopify no longer works and our new bank account number keeps getting flagged by Shopify as invalid. We already confirmed with the bank the new numbers are correct and have a letter from them as proof. Can you please help with figuring out whats going on? Would really appreciated! 

Thank you!

getcourtneychic
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Dallas, 

I am having this very issue. I think the bank info on the account it from a closed account and I need to update to my new business account but it won't allow me to do so. It says it paid out my payment but that account is non existent. 

Could you help? My email is getcourtneychic@gmail.com

Maybetravesty
Visitor
1 0 0

On my account I must have made a mistake and put the wrong information on the bank account settings. Could someone please help me out thank you. 

Jessicadcash
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi all, when setting up my Shopify store, I may have incorrectly put in my the wrong details for my bank account. I am now receiving an error message. The problem is, I can't match the old information as I don't know what error I made 

Any suggestions on how I fix this?

Thanks,

Eliza2
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I think I am having a similar issue. Shopify is trying todo a payout for a refund I did, and it says that it can't do it because of the old bank information.  Similarly, I don't know what old information they're talking about. I was able to make a sale and received the money just fine and I was charged for the monthly fees previously and everything was fine.

TheDreamSmile
4 0 0

Hello, I am having this same problem and I have send an email but I have not received a response can you please help me out? 

AllOutDog
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello, my name is Richard (Company: AllOut Dog) and I’m having trouble with my payouts. 

please help me!

all.outdog@yahoo.com

markbmw007
7 0 0

I have the same issue. When I was trying to update my bank info, it said it wouldn't recognize my previous banking info. I tried all #s it could've possibly been. After backing out of the page I saw that it updated the last 2 numbers of the bank info to a number I don't even have. I'll need to reset the bank info as well. HELP PLEASE! my site is: www.postroastcoffee.com

Thanks in advance

~Mark

AllOutDog
Tourist
4 0 1
How did you update your bank information?
TheDreamSmile
4 0 0

You have to search the option chat in the Shopify faq so they can create a ticket for you. 

markbmw007
7 0 0

shopify Ping??? I don't see any other option for chat

markbmw007
7 0 0

I dont think I even see the right spot in shopify faq. It just keeps bringing me to the support forums for searching 

TheDreamSmile
4 0 0

After they create the ticket they will email you and you should be able to update it then

markbmw007
7 0 0

I thought I did, but the previous bank numbers aren't associated with ANY of my accts. So I just need to start over

TheDreamSmile
4 0 0

Hey you have to search the option to create a chat. They will email you then you should be able to update it. 

Jeleforever
Visitor
3 0 0

I’m having the exact same issue please help! PinkThornBeauty@gmail.com

Jeleforever
Visitor
3 0 0

Exact same issue please help ! 

krissypoo6
Visitor
3 0 0

having an issue with my bank info. it keeps saying its wrong and i cant receive my payouts

krissypoo6
Visitor
3 0 0

i need someone to help me with this issue ASAP. apparently i messed up my bank info when typing it in