Solved

What if I entered incorrect bank information on Shopify?

Envymefashionn
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello, my name is Micah and I’m having trouble with my payouts. 
I’m trying to change my bank account information because my payments is saying failed. I believe when setting up the account. I entered the wrong information. But when I try to change the information. It won’t let me because I need the old account info. But i don’t know the error I entered. 

please help me! 

Accepted Solutions (2)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, there.

Dallas here from the Shopify Social Care Team.

Ah yes, that is very important, but no need to worry I certainly can help you out with this. Since you're not sure where the error is we are going to need to send this up to my account integrity team so that they can take a closer look and help you change that sensitive information. As general support, I don't have access to any banking information.

In order to send this to them, we are going to need to verify your account which will have to be done over email. I have gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated with this Shopify Community account. All of the steps for verification are in there for you.

If you don't see that email in your spam or your inbox please let me know. I completely understand the stress of not receiving your money so I want to see what I can do to help you out as soon as possible.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hello Community Members!

Helen here from Shopify Support stepping in for Dallas. I understand how frustrating it can be when you’re not able to change your banking information, so I’m here to guide you towards resolving it. 

As Dallas mentioned earlier in this thread, changing this sensitive information on your account requires assistance from the Account Integrity department, and so a Support Advisor will need to escalate the change request on your behalf. The quickest way to initiate the escalcation is to reach out to Support via callback (if there’s a spot available), or through live chat on the contact page here

Please note that the flow of contacting support has changed slightly when choosing the live chat option. Once you’ve entered your store details, you will be redirected to a search page. Please enter a topic into the search bar, and scroll to the bottom of the documents provided where you’ll find a green ‘Continue’ button to proceed with connecting to a Support Advisor. It looks like this:

20-10-b1yot-xzoti

Prior to reaching out to Support, we kindly request that you please double check your banking information to ensure that you are attempting to enter the correct account number. You can find your banking information to confirm it, one of the following ways:

• On the bottom of a blank cheque
  • Through your online banking account, or
  • By contacting your bank directly

We look forward to helping each of you resolve this as quickly as possible. Thank you for your cooperation!

View solution in original post

Replies 85 (85)
markbmw007
7 0 0
I had to reach out to Shopify via chat, it took them about 4days to create
a ticket and another 2'ish days to fix it. Wish you the best!
krissypoo6
Visitor
3 0 0

ugh how do i do that ? Thank you

markbmw007
7 0 0
Shopify help center, scroll down to the bottom. you should see a "Chat with
us" button for chatting with support. It took me a bit to find it.
Amymata
Visitor
1 0 0

I’m having a similar problem too please help me 

aapreston11
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello! I am having the same problem with my banking info. Failed payout but the old account info keeps saying it in incorrect.

miguelsan
7 0 0

Hello my name is Miguel i must have entered the wrong bank info in the beginning and now I'm receiving a payout failed due to wrong bank info notice. How can i change it in settings when it wont let me see my old bank info? can you help please??

Thank you my email is 

justusco23@gmail.com 

sweetwater69
4 0 0
Hi I put in the wrong bank info when setting up my website and can’t change it it’s asking for the old info so how do I fix it
Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hello Community Members!

Helen here from Shopify Support stepping in for Dallas. I understand how frustrating it can be when you’re not able to change your banking information, so I’m here to guide you towards resolving it. 

As Dallas mentioned earlier in this thread, changing this sensitive information on your account requires assistance from the Account Integrity department, and so a Support Advisor will need to escalate the change request on your behalf. The quickest way to initiate the escalcation is to reach out to Support via callback (if there’s a spot available), or through live chat on the contact page here

Please note that the flow of contacting support has changed slightly when choosing the live chat option. Once you’ve entered your store details, you will be redirected to a search page. Please enter a topic into the search bar, and scroll to the bottom of the documents provided where you’ll find a green ‘Continue’ button to proceed with connecting to a Support Advisor. It looks like this:

20-10-b1yot-xzoti

Prior to reaching out to Support, we kindly request that you please double check your banking information to ensure that you are attempting to enter the correct account number. You can find your banking information to confirm it, one of the following ways:

• On the bottom of a blank cheque
  • Through your online banking account, or
  • By contacting your bank directly

We look forward to helping each of you resolve this as quickly as possible. Thank you for your cooperation!

BBerry26
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, 

I am having payout issues. Im not sure why its asking me for an Old account when I never put one in there in the first place. I need to see if someone can help me out with this. Im not sure how to fix it. Im also not about to watch a video for this o be fixed. I need someone to actually help me. 

ISSUE- Payouts 

nicoleta00
7 0 0

Hello, can someone send me to the integrity team, so I can change my bank account information as fast as possible. please help me.

Perla123
Visitor
1 0 0

I’m experiencing the same exact issue and I’ve contacted support but nobody’s reached out to me and I haven’t gotten an email back. Please respond this is urgent. My shop is royalwinkboutique.com

sjschulte
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi - I'm having a similar issue... are you able to help?

miguelsan
7 0 0
Go and search shopify on your browser and it should show on the right side
of your screen the shopify info history of the company withe information
like customer service number and underneath the number it will have
Representative "chat online with a Rep" click on it and send your
message and hold tight. It took us about a week to get it resolved.
DiamondEscobar3
Visitor
1 0 0

I’m also having this issue, how can I fix my account info if I’m not sure what the incorrect bank info was?

Gara1
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello, my name is Garachine and I’m having trouble with my payouts. I’m trying to change my bank account information because my payments are saying failed. I believe when setting up the account. I entered the wrong information. But when I try to change the information. It won’t let me because I need the old account info. But I don’t know the error I entered. please help I'm really struggling with it. 

Lovesick1
Tourist
6 1 1

Someone please help!!!! I have the wrong Banking Info and it’s not letting me change it. Who or where Can I call to get this fixed. 

WolfTribeCloth
Visitor
1 0 0

Greetings. I need help ASAP with the same issue. If someone can please assist me.

THEFRESHLABEL
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Dallas, I have the same issue with my shopify payout. I can't remember what info i provided.

thefamily
Visitor
1 0 0

i have the same problem in need of help 

tishstyle
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same issue.  Wrong back account info was entered and I need to change it.  Can someone walk me through this?  My payments are failed until I do this.  Thank you.

Presidentcarter
Visitor
3 0 0

Did anyone help you!? Because I’m still having issues and for some reason they do not have an actual Shopify expert person to actually speak with!!!

Gara1
Visitor
2 0 1
##- Please type your reply above this
support@shopify.com try contact someone I’m this email see if they can help
you if not let me know I just can’t remember how to find their phone number
if they don’t answer I’ll find the phone number to send you
Presidentcarter
Visitor
3 0 0

Thank you so much!! They never respond

Presidentcarter
Visitor
3 0 0

I’m trying to update my bank information but it’s saying that I put in the wrong account info. And I’ve read that we cannot use prepaid banks. I have an online bank. Can I use PayPal or I have to open a actual bank account? (I have money that’s needs to be payed out)

store name: www.icartercosmetics.com

email: icartercosmetics.con

personal email: chrlseacarter58@gmail.com

Ahaynes
Visitor
1 0 0

I’m trying to change my bank info but it won’t let me. I put the old routing number and old bank account and then added all the new. But it’s still telling me my old account doesn’t match the old account number that I put in. But it does. I pulled up my bank info so it’s right in front of me. Why is it giving me this error. 

OpulenceCo
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, Please help me with this aswell.

Valarie_Moody
Excursionist
14 0 17

I am having the same issue - wrong bank account shows, but I can't update because I don't have the info for the "old" bank account.  Please help

patb2
4 0 0

Could you please send me the email as well. I have the same issue. 

patb2
4 0 0

pbrennan@torchholder.com

patb2
4 0 0

pbrennan@torchholder.com

CoutureArrivals
Visitor
3 0 0

Can someone please help me with this? 

Mdefit
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi my name is Alejandra and my Shopify is paying out to the wrong bank account. When I try and change the bank account is asking for the ok’d one but I never put any so I’m stuck trying to add my own account t so my payouts can go to me! 

sweetwater69
4 0 0

hi my name I think I put in the wrong info the first time I set up my account how do I fix it ?

sweetwater69
4 0 0

hi I'm susan need help changing my bank info when I set up my account the first time it seems like I put in the wrong info

kiran678
Visitor
1 0 0

Hii Fellow, I would like to suggest to you that before carrying out any transaction you can verify the details of the banks from BMO Harris Bank Routing Number

bdiaz9
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi! I have the exact same problem. Please help!