Wrong bank info

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, when setting up my bank account I mistakenly put in the wrong info. It's saying that I have to know my previous account number to change it and since I typed it wrong I don't know it. Can someone please help me? My email it backalleysawmill@gmail.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 43 56

Hey, @mkjanss!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! It sounds like you're trying to update your Shopify Payments bank account information, is that right? If that's the case, I'd be happy to see how I can be of assistance. If you're using a third-party payment gateway, you'll need to reach out to them directly for further support.

For security purposes, we've put verifications measures in place to prevent your Shopify Payments payouts from being sent to an unauthorized bank account. That being said, it does happen where a merchant will mistakenly input the wrong information in these fields when setting up their Shopify Payments account.

In cases where merchants can't remember their old banking information, we suggest checking the following places to locate these details:

1. Void Cheque
  2. Online Banking
  3. Contacting their bank.
  4. Paper statement from the bank.

Since in this case you've been able to determine it was an error, rather than lost information, I'd be happy to take a closer look at your account and escalate to the appropriate team if necessary. I've gone ahead and sent you an email for authentication, if you can please respond through there I'd be happy to see how I can be of further assistance. Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes