Yet Another Shopify Support Fail

Mobilekathy
Tourist
6 0 1

I can't figure out for the life of me why no one in this godforsaken organization can tell me how to change a return address on the shipping labels.

Changing the location feature and shipping settings have not worked. 

And I just found out that the people on the support live chat aren't really support? They have to send an email to the real support people? REALLY?

0 Likes
Hilary
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
75 23 10

Hi, @Mobilekathy

Hilary here, I work at Shopify. I am sorry to hear that you haven't found a way to update your return address on your shipping labels and that you've been frustrated with your support experience so far. While we can't provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, I am happy to help look into this issue further with you over the forum. 

Can you please provide an example of where you are still seeing the incorrect return address? Which shipping carrier and service are you using? Any screenshots or detailed examples would be very helpful for understanding the issue further. The only way to change your return address is to update your default location in your Location settings. From your post, it sounds like you have tried this already. To confirm, here are the steps: 

1. Login to your Shopify Admin.
  2. Go to Settings > Locations.
  3. If the location isn't listed, add the location first.
  4. Click Change default location, and select the correct location. 
  5. Click Save.

Once you update your default address, are you receiving any errors or notifications? Please share them here if you are. If you are shipping with UPS, after changing your location you will see a banner requesting you to email us at shipping-ups@shopify.com to update your UPS account. This is required to make sure your new return address is updated with UPS. Here is a screenshot of the banner: 

18-03-59763-81313

How many locations do you currently have set up? If the return address is displaying from a location that is no longer active, I recommend deactivating that location

If you are looking to change your return address on a return label, then you are able to edit the address when you create the return label. If you would like a visual example, here is a link to our YouTube Help Center showing how to edit the return address. The return address offered on new return labels is based on the return address from the last purchased return shipping label.

Let me know how this goes. 

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Mobilekathy
Tourist
6 0 1

I'm not accepting as a solution the very things that have been tried and which have repeatedly failed...and which is the reason I was seeking support in the first place. 

I'll find a third-party vendor who actually understands the platform and pay them a bunch of money to provide the answers your support team can't seem to. 

There isn't even a way to give a customer an account credit, which is one of the most basic functions of an ecommerce site. 

0 Likes
Hilary
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
75 23 10

I can appreciate your frustration surrounding this situation, especially if you have been through the troubleshooting options and have not found a solution through our Support Team. We are unable to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, but I am happy to help troubleshoot this together here via the Community if you'd prefer.

I will need to gather more context and information from you to determine what might be happening. Below are a few questions: 

1. Can you please share a screenshot of any error that occurs when you try to go through the options I previously listed?
  2. Can you please provide more detailed information on what happens after you change the address and print a label?
    Recent examples are very helpful.
  3. Have you noticed if the issue is specific to any one carrier or service? Which carrier(s) and service(s) do you use for your labels? 

Once I have more information, we can look into this further. 

As for giving customer account credits, I do understand this is an important topic. The best option to give your customer's a store credit is to issue a gift card. Offering a gift card is a great option as the amount is linked to a customer account and can be tracked. If you are processing orders through your online store, you will need to issue a free gift card for the amount of the refund. If you are processing orders through Shopify POS, then you are able to refund orders to a gift card.

Alternatively, there are some third party apps, if you are looking for more options to issue credits to customers. Please let me know if there is anything specific you are looking for. 

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes