You can’t use the online store sales channel because of an error .

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello Guys l am trying to set up a shop using the trial period of Shopify . l am getting this error "You can’t use the online store sales channel because of an error To fix this error, add the online store sales channel. You can remove it later."

l have added the sales channel as shown but sadly still the error is persistent.

Below is an image showcasing the added sales channel.

shopify.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
198 16 56

Hi, @Ramsey555!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

I'd be more than glad to help you figure this out today, but first a very warm welcome to our platform! I'm excited that you've decided to give us a try, and I'd be super interested in hearing more about your experience so far.

To get right into your question, this error should definitely be resolved after adding the online store sales channel. Let's rule out any local errors to ensure that the change did indeed go through:

• Try clearing cache/cookies of current browser
  • Try from a different, up-to-date, browser
  • Try from a different network connection

If the issue still persists at that point, please share your store URL with me and I will connect with you via email to sort this out.

If that does work, then you might be interested in more resources as you get started on your Shopify journey. There are quite a few components involved with getting your store off the ground and ready for launch. Luckily, Shopify makes it easier than ever to launch your business and start making sales with our launch checklist. Read along with me below:

I also encourage you to check our help page for specific tips and tricks on everything you need to know to get started with Shopify.

We wish you all the success on your future endeavour and I look forward to connecting.

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Alright let me try it out and see.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey Olivia ,l just completed trying out the steps that you suggested but sadly,none worked.

l even removed all Sales Channels and added them back again but none worked.

Pleas help me solve this issue.

Below is a screenshot Shopify telling me the store has been successfully removed yet the store still remains with the error.

My Store name is "Shoe Shelf Kenya"

error proof.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
198 16 56

Hi, @Ramsey555!

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly and attempting those troubleshooting steps. I'd be glad to take a deeper look at your store, and to do so I will need to connect with you via email.

Please check your inbox and reply to me there.

Warm regards,

Highlighted
4 0 0

Thanks for getting back to me.l have hope everything will work out before my trial expires  even though l am having a hard time getting started.

l have responded back to your email.

My store name is :

shoe-shelf-kenya.myshopify.com

email address used is my business/agency email:

catalunyatechnologies@gmail.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
198 16 56

Hi, @Ramsey555!

I have received your email reply, and I have followed up with you there. I wanted to clarify that these forums are public, so please refrain from sharing any of your store or log-in details on our thread.

Make sure to edit that information out of your last post, and chat with me via email going forward.

Warm regards,

0 Likes