You need to have a company to start shopify ? Payment providers ( Europe )

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello ,

I have a question for you , do you need to have a company to start shopify ? I'm asking this because every time i try to put a payment provider i need company details documentation etc .... Do you have any alternatives to se payment providers ( In EUROPE )  without having a company ? Thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
421 26 64

Hello, @PetStudio!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! You don't need to have an official business before beginning with Shopify. In fact, many merchants begin creating their online business by starting their Shopify store. If your payment gateway is looking for further documentation than what you already have - I would suggest reaching out to the payment gateway's support team to see if those details are essential for signing up with their gateway. 

Depending on where you're selling from, you can check out the payment gateways available to you by your location from our handy payment gateway list. When you've chosen your gateway, follow our step by step guide to help you add that payment gateway into your Shopify Admin. 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thank you for your reply Karlie , i tryied few payment gateway , i succesful added paypal express but nothing else ... i tryed 2checkout epay and quickpay .. when i'm trying to sign up there , on all of them i have like a demo account and they are asking me my documentation for my company ... of course i will also make a company in the future if everything is ok with my shopify sites . I'm from Romania .. from experience do you know some gateway that i can add to my admin account to accept visa and mastercard ? I'm looking forward to start adds and sellin in Europe .. Thank you for your reply , be safe have a great day ! 

Waiting for your answer :) 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
421 26 64

Hello again!

Karlie here! There are quite a few payment gateways available for merchants living in Romania. Because each payment gateway is owned by a third party company - I don't have the ability to comment on which gateway could work for your business needs. What I would suggest is doing some research on your own, try to contact the payment gateway's support team if you have any questions and ask around to find a gateway that would work for you. 

The payment gateways available to merchants in Romania are; 

• 2Checkout
  • Adyen
  • Alipay Global
  • Authorize.net
  • Bancontact (Mollie)
  • Bank transfer (Mollie)
  • Belfius Direct Net (Mollie)
  • BitPay
  • Cartes Bancaires (Mollie)
  • Checkout.com
  • Coinbase Commerce
  • Credit card (Mollie)
  • dLocal
  • eMerchantBroker (EMB)
  • ePay / Payment Solutions
  • eps-Überweisung (Mollie)
  • Giropay (Mollie)
  • iDEAL (Mollie)
  • ING Home'Pay (Mollie)
  • iPayLinks
  • KBC/CBC Payment Button (Mollie)
  • MyBank (Mollie)
  • Oceanpayment
  • PayLane - Polskie ePłatności
  • PayPal (Mollie)
  • PayPal Express Checkout
  • Przelewy24 (Mollie)
  • QuickPay
  • SOFORT Banking (Mollie)
  • Splitit Monthly Payments

Let me know if you have any further questions and best of luck with your gateway search!

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0
Hello Karlie ,

I have a question for you , i made an account on www.epay.com , and they accepted me , but here is one problem , when i tried to add as a payment gateway epay and i click on the website it shows me another epay , not epay.com , totally another platform named Bambora now .. So my question is if www.epay.com is a payment gateway accepted by shopify and how i can add on my admin account this one .

Thank you , waiting for your reply ,

Best regards ,

Cristu / PetStudioStore
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
421 26 64

Hey, @PetStudio!

Have you tried to enable that payment gateway from within your Shopify Admin? To do so, you would head into your Shopify Admin > Payment Providers and scroll down to where you see Third Party Providers, you would then select ePay from that dropdown menu. You can follow this guide to do so as well. 

If you're still having issues after adding the gateway to your Shopify Admin - then I would suggest reaching out directly to ePay Support for assistance. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hey Karlie ,

Thank you for your support . Yes i already tryied that , but not the process is a problem , a problem is that also on third party providers section and alternative payment section there are x2 epay . 1 . epay / payment solutions ( thirt party providers ) 2. epay ( alternative payment) , but on both of them when i click learn more about epay , on both epay methods it shows me the same site that doesn't exist ( old epay new brambora ) . This is my issue .... 

0 Likes