Your Shopify Payments account is on hold

Highlighted
1 0 0

I didnt even sell anything yet and i was told " Your Shopify Payments account is on hold" due to being "blacklisted" but they cant tell me who " blacklisted" me . I am so upset about this & would like to get this resolved asap but i cant because i have no idea how or why im blacklisted and have no one to contact about this because i was never black listed. Can you please help me fix this ! pleaseeeeee :( 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
443 22 34

Hi @jennifer1717,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for letting us know. 

I can understand how this may have caused some stress and confusion and I'm sorry to see this has happened. If your account has been 'blacklisted' this does not affect your use of the Shopify platform to run your online business. It specifically relates to your use of Shopify Payments as your preferred payment gateway. So you can continue selling on your store but you will need to connect with an alternative gateway instead. We have a list here that you should be able to connect with instead.

I wouldn't be able to discuss your account further on a public thread, however, it seems as though you've been chatting with our Shopify Payments team directly since last week. I'd recommend continuing to chat with them via email in regards to this if you have any further queries relating to your Shopify Payments account.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes