'Your account was not approved for Instagram shopping'

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello. 

Seems like one of my Instagram accounts wasn't approved for Instagram shopping. Not sure why really. 

Does anyone know how to "re-appeal"? I have tried pretty much everything, but nothing works. I keep getting the same message over and over, so I guess they have just reviewed the account one time, and won't be reviewing it again. 

Thank you.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
271 18 32

Hey, there!

Ramón from Shopify here. I'm sorry to hear you're running into problems with getting one of your stores approved for Instagram shopping. You've definitely posted in the right place! I'm more than happy to look into this for you.

First, I'd love to know more about the steps you've tried so far to get your Instagram account connected. If you can send me more details here we can see if there are any other options left to try.

In the meantime, I encourage you to review the following guides and policies to make sure your store qualifies for the Instagram shopping feature:

While your store may be unavailable to use Instagram shopping, you can still use Instagram to promote your business and products.

We have an amazing, and free, Shopify Academy course which gives great advice about how to use Instagram for ecommerce. It goes into all the different ways you can use Instagram to create and engage an audience, so I definitely recommend checking it out.

Instagram stories are also another great tool you can still make use of, and we have an excellent article outlining some best practices with it.

There are also some app alternatives like InstaShop that can be used to connect your Instagram photo galleries to your store. This particular app does have a free plan, but you can upgrade to a paid plan for more features.

I hope this helps, but do let me know of what steps you've taken so far and I'm more than happy to provide more feedback.

Ramón | Social Care @ Shopify
 - ¿Te resultó útil mi respuesta? Dale Me gusta para hacérmelo saber. 
 - ¿Resolvimos tu pregunta? Dale a Aceptar como solución. 
 - Para saber más visita el Centro de ayuda de Shopify o nuestro Blog de Shopify 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

I have 3 accounts in the same niche, which is going to represent the same web shop. 

I finally got the last account to be approved for Instagram shopping, and the other two are denied. 

It doesn't seem like I can do anything with it. I have tried to revert back to personal account, and back to business account with a new FB page and so on. But I never get past this message: 

IMG_1486.png

I know that I can get it approved, but it doesn't seem like they are giving me a "second chance". 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey there,

Did you have any luck with this? I've got the same problem ...

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, 

I was just wondering if you were denied instagram shopping previous to hiring this man? 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there! What did this involve? How long did it take for him to get your instagram approved?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have some apprehension about letting someone have access to passcodes and other business information.... how did you get past this because my business has been struggling with this for months and it is getting exhausting not being able to link to IG Shop when we meet all listed criteria.

@vear_fashion wrote:

I was having the same issue. I tried about 30 or more times in several different ways with no luck. I hired someone on Fivver and got it approved within 3 days! It was the best $100 I’ve ever spent. His name is Muhammad and he responded quickly and kept me updated throughout the process. I can’t recommend him enough. Check out his profile here https://www.fiverr.com/mahhii/activate-shopping-feature-for-your-instagram-business-profile?ref_ctx_...

?? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, any update here other than hiring the random guy from fivver? I've got the same situation. We're in Barcelona. Spain.

To sum it up:

-Market Spain is fine. yes

-FB Page setup with store yes

-Shopify connected to FB yes

-FB connected to IG yes

-IG connected to FB yes

-IG Business Account yes

-On IG "Submit catalog for review" using FB catalog yes

-FB business manager account yes

-On button submit "Submit catalog for review" get reply "Instagram Shopping Is Not Available for This Account".

Why oh why? Any ideas we're open to some help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

I am having the exact same problem. All sites are connected with each other however when I submit the catalog for review, I receive the reply  "Instagram Shopping Is Not Available for This Account".

The IG account is in the eligible region for shopping and also is a business account and connected to FB. 

Please help as I have no idea what the problem is.

Thanks

This is the issue I am havingThis is the issue I am having

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have been trying to figure out why our shop kept getting denied for almost 4 months now. I had two developers try (one on fiverr too) with no success 

later I had almost given up my hope about getting my account approved for Instagram when I found Abubakar on twitter.

He got my unapproved Instagram product tagging approved.

He is trustworthy so don't worry about handing details over, prompt and got the job done quickly. 

https://twitter.com/abubakar23k

0 Likes